Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ceramic washer where do i start to find them

I just got back from the lake with the 2007 rxt with 40 hours that i bought over the winter . The person i got it from said that he had not done anything to the superchager and i had planned on removing it and sending it in but i wanted a lake test first . Got out on the water and sure enough no power like the charger was not working . So drove back to shore and went home and pulled supercharger the super charger just spins and the washers are gone . What should i do first , to try to locate them or do i need to worry . It appears the needle bearing are all still there . So advice please .

+1
    How much did you pay for your machine?

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk..

You need to remove the engine an get all the washers pieces out.

+1
    good luck with that. start with the oil pumps and work your way into the engine. you got screwed over on this one!

Quote Originally Posted by BAJAMAN View Post
    I just got back from the lake with the 2007 rxt with 40 hours that i bought over the winter . The person i got it from said that he had not done anything to the superchager and i had planned on removing it and sending it in but i wanted a lake test first . Got out on the water and sure enough no power like the charger was not working . So drove back to shore and went home and pulled supercharger the super charger just spins and the washers are gone . What should i do first , to try to locate them or do i need to worry . It appears the needle bearing are all still there . So advice please .

+1
    If it spins freely your washers are most likely inside the motor bouncing around tearing stuff up.... needs oil pumps rebuilt, and inspected.... there are several threads on here to show how its done. use the search function and follow other peoples steps in rebuilding it.... or take it to the dealership and pay out the wazooo.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

might also find someone close to KINGFISHER, OK to help you out..... I pulled the motor on mine and redid every thing for about 400.00...... which is cheap compared to what a dealer will charge you... My thread was " Ceramic Washer Fishing".... good luck

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Procastination just cost you an assload of labor. Man oh man you shoulda took care of that over winter. Goodluck though

As i said i purchased it and took the man word that it was good . Live and learn . I pulled the front suction oil strainer off and found some of the washers there . So you guy all agree that the engine needs to be removed and washed out or will the all find there way to the screen if you clean that often ?

+1
    You didn't want to test the ski before purchasing it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BAJAMAN View Post
    As i said i purchased it and took the man word that it was good . Live and learn . I pulled the front suction oil strainer off and found some of the washers there . So you guy all agree that the engine needs to be removed and washed out or will the all find there way to the screen if you clean that often ?
    The entire motor needs to be flushed. The problem with the ceramics is that they spread ceramics dust throughout the system and will wreck your bearings and oil pumps.

Yea but ice keeps you from doing that

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

beerdart
    these washers almost seem to be hard like metal they dont appear to be dust the pieces in the screen were some fairly good size to some pin head size . will the engine have to come out to be flushed or is there a way to do it with it in .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information