+1

NEWB need advice......

First wanted to say hello to all and look foward to riding with some of you hopefully. Anyways I am going to buy a 2004 RXP supercharged with 54 hours on it. It is cosmetically perfect with no dock rash or hull issues and the engine is prestine looking and has been garaged kept. Now I have been reading the forums and am very worried about the ceramic washers and wanted your all opinions at wether or not I should even ride it until it gets the metal ones. Also what do I need to be made aware of when trying this ski out next weekend? This will be my first pwc and am worried I may over look something. The ski is stock with no upgrades by the way. I would love to get the washers done right away however telling the wife I need to spend another $400 isn't going to sit well. Would I be ok to ride to the 100 hour mark and get it rebuilt by the gentleman on here can't remember his name and then put the metal ones in? Sorry for the long posts and thanks for your time.

Everthing louder than everything else! sHALlow's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rmk82nd View Post
    First wanted to say hello to all and look foward to riding with some of you hopefully. Anyways I am going to buy a 2004 RXP supercharged with 54 hours on it. It is cosmetically perfect with no dock rash or hull issues and the engine is prestine looking and has been garaged kept. Now I have been reading the forums and am very worried about the ceramic washers and wanted your all opinions at wether or not I should even ride it until it gets the metal ones. Also what do I need to be made aware of when trying this ski out next weekend? This will be my first pwc and am worried I may over look something. The ski is stock with no upgrades by the way. I would love to get the washers done right away however telling the wife I need to spend another $400 isn't going to sit well. Would I be ok to ride to the 100 hour mark and get it rebuilt by the gentleman on here can't remember his name and then put the metal ones in? Sorry for the long posts and thanks for your time.
    you should definitly try to ride it first, send it to JERRY immediatlry if you purchase it, ticking time bomb, a guy just posted he lost his washers on his first ride after buying used.

+1
    +1. A test-ride is always a good idea, but if he's still got stock ceramics on the SC... You might also consider doing a compression test.

If you buy, don't put 1 minute on it until the washers are changed out. The full rebuild isn't until 100 hrs., so you could get by w/just the washer change out and do a rebuild next winter (depending on how much you ride this season).

Nice...an 04 with only 54hrs. How much they selling it for?

+1
    Im getting it with all records, 2 life vests, a tube and rope, trailor, and new battery for $5,000. It appears to be well maintained, it is owned by a retired guy that is scared of it and barely will ride it.

Thread Information