+1

Riva Kit Stage I

http://www.rivayamaha.com/pwc_perf_p...p_stg1_kit.asp

I looked ^there^ and was wondering if everyone here says the Intake Grate in the Stage I kit either doesn't change the top speed or makes it decrease, why does Riva claim:

RIVA RXP Top-Loader Intake Grate is installed. Unique reverse wing design eliminates prop spin and cavitation while delivering improved handling and top-speed.

Without even having the grate I would believe it improves handling, loading the pump/less cavitation, but what is the real truth behind the top speed improvement?

Also, I have some questions about breaking the kit up.
    1) Is there a point to getting all the pieces to the Stage I without getting the grate with it (do the 2-degree wedge, the power filter, and the solas 14/19r work good together without the Riva grate?)
    2)Would the speed gains still be around 3-5 mph? Or possibly better without adding the Riva grate to slow you down?(If it does really decrease top speed compared to the stock grate).
    ~Thanks

You're mixing up the supercharger impeller and the propulsion impeller. The Vortech piece does not replace the Solas piece. The Solas goes in the pump, the Vortech in the supercharger.

JFizzleJR: I definitely am not sure about the answers to all of your questions. Riva would know. But I will try my stock intake grate this weekend on my STG II setup and post any change in speed. (That is if I don't go flying over the bars...aka GPR)

+1
    Snky Thanks a lot for clearing that up, I'm obviously not educated on these parts & mods...

BDNJ thanks in advance for posting the results.

+1
    When Riva states that the grate improves speed, I'm sure they are referring to improved speed in rough water due to the grate providing better hookup in these conditions.

Richard

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by way2fast
    When Riva states that the grate improves speed, I'm sure they are referring to improved speed in rough water due to the grate providing better hookup in these conditions.

Richard
    Yup!!!! I installed the grate after a good summer of riding and noticed a better hook up in moderate chop! If anything I would say that it loads the pump better and actually adds a little more propulsion!As far as speed, it certainly didnt slow me down at all!

+1
    I don't need better hookup so rendog and richard, do you think the other mods in the kit will work well with the stock rxp grate in terms of mechanical issues?

If that is so, Richard can you give me your prices on the power filter, solas 14/19, and 2 wedge? I don't really care about shipping prices right now but if you wanted to figure that out too I'll give you the zip..12054..
    ~Thanks In Advance

Thread Information