Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Adding ballast to a seadoo

Hello. I see some seafood have that ballast tank. Mine does not. I'm looking for a simple good idea to add some ballast for towing kneeboard/wakeboard/wake skate.

Maybe a cooler or a ballast bag? I'm not looking to buy anything expensive.. Just something to enhance the wake a little bit.

Has anyone already experimented w this?

+1
    Is English your native tongue? I'm asking b/c it appears you used a translator and the message was a little garbled...

My experience is that ballast is never an issue in most states. Usually you are required to have a spotter, sitting behind the driver. The spotter, I would think would serve as ballast.

+1
    Bill, I think he is talking about the wake edition having ballast tanks sitting on deck to allow larger wakes for wakeboarding.
    Not sure how you would accomplish adding ballast but I am sure you could get creative and come up with something fastened to the rear deck.

+1
    Thanks for the heads-up D. I've been on GH going on 3 yrs. and I'm still a newb.

Mainly looking for a creative idea that is effective. I dont mind getting creative but its always nice to tap the knowlege base since we all think so differently. We usually dont have a spotter and just use the mirrors to monitor the rider, but i agree that it should help(legally as well)

Haha.. Yes, native english here. Just a new iPad user. Words get auto corrected and it's a lil less familiar than a keyboard. Seadoo seafood haha. I see funny posts sometimes, but you gotta remember that some people are typing this stuff on their phones, watches, etc.

+1
    Sory bout that... I started thinking your original post might have involved a phone or other device. LOL. Of course, I live in a state that has a number 1 "reality show" being subtitled so the rest of the country can understand our perfectly good English (Swamp People). LOL.

Back to your original question... the only thing I could think of would be strapping something like my PWC rack to the back and loading it w/weight to suit your needs: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post1338557 Personally, I don't see this as being a really valid solution, but it's all I could come up with.

+1
    They are on eBay allot...I think I saw one around $250 a while back. Same hull as yours so very little modifications would have to be done.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SEA-D...rcraftQ5fParts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SEA-D...rcraftQ5fParts

can that seadoo ballast system be removed and added pretty fast?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    Sory bout that... I started thinking your original post might have involved a phone or other device. LOL. Of course, I live in a state that has a number 1 "reality show" being subtitled so the rest of the country can understand our perfectly good English (Swamp People). LOL..
    Daat's da trooooth !

The SeaDoo tanks add around 200 # at the back and up the footwells. Texas requires a spotter so there's a 150-200 (ok ok 250....) # on back. I can neatly tie three 5 gal gas (water) tanks on back, so there 120 pounds or so. I can tell a difference with just the 120# of gas.

Here's a link to another site that has a brief discussion--
    http://www.wakeskating.com/forum/vie...44770620a15b4e
    and
    http://www.personalwatercraft.com/ma...ition-681.html

so understand this 5 gallons of fuel weigths around 30 pounds , 5 gallons of water weights around 42 pounds .
    ther gone be a difference if jou add cans with water or fuel . you can increase the weight by using water insted of fuel .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information