Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fuel line question.

I am replacing all my fuel line on my 1997 GSX. I am replacing all of the original grey hose, is it necessary to replace the 2 vents hoses that connect to the tank and vent out in 2 places of the hull, they appear to be a real pain to get to?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    No, you dont have to. make sure that you clean the screens/ filters inside the carbs.

+1
    Also blow out the 2 gas vent hoses. The side one next to the water line sometimes get plug up with old gas oil. This happen to mine. Not sure if it was part of my problem. But allot of back nasty crap came out of mine.

The vent lines do degrade just like the fuel lines. I have found that they will plug your check valves ( inbreathing & PRV) and cause over-pressuring and vacuum issues with your fuel tank/system. I always replace the vent lines as part of fuel line replacement job.
    Robert V

+1 on s/d-daddy

Seen it many times...

make sure to clean your fuel selector also

Bumping this up again..I would rather not start a new thread. I have an 98 XPL and just snapped a nipple off the red and white thingy attached to an outlet on the left side of the hull while replacing the grey line. Is this part necessary? I know it's for the fuel vent, but is there a solution other than a replacement on the part? It looks like it's to keep water from getting while allow air out.

+1
    I think you can most likely find a used one off some junk hull. I have no idea what they cost or if they have them at the dealer ship any more. Some thing are discontinue. If you don't fix it right you might get water in your fuel or oil, if you roll the ski or maybe get some suck up from bouncing on the water. I think it just a one way valve and there are some after market company that make them. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by lnxmad View Post
    Bumping this up again..I would rather not start a new thread. I have an 98 XPL and just snapped a nipple off the red and white thingy attached to an outlet on the left side of the hull while replacing the grey line. Is this part necessary? I know it's for the fuel vent, but is there a solution other than a replacement on the part? It looks like it's to keep water from getting while allow air out.

How much fuel makes it down there? Can I just plug the outlet and leave the hose in the hull propped up somewhere?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    there is a huge boneyard for everything pre 99 in MI. search for user "Disgruntled cowboy" and his thread should pop up to the phone number for the yard.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information