05 RXP(supercharged) Low Compression Question

To start off I bought this ski not running from superduty it has 80 hrs and is all stock.
    I did a compression test and the numbers were 125,75,90. First off what numbers should I have seen. Second the pressure was not bleeding off the cylinders after I checked the compression. So I am thinking that it might not be valves but I am looking for some input from the more experienced than I am with these motors.

Maybe bent rods from water ingestion?

It turns over fine and superduty didnt say anything about water ingestion when i got the ski from him.

+1
    Pull the head, upgrade to 07+ valves, and get a valve job
    And surface. Pop in a new rotax oil pressure jet, while your at it also.

Compression should be 130+ in all cyls.

The stock 05 valves were hollow, and weaker than the newer ones.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pwc-loser View Post
    To start off I bought this ski not running from superduty it has 80 hrs and is all stock.
    I did a compression test and the numbers were 125,75,90. First off what numbers should I have seen. Second the pressure was not bleeding off the cylinders after I checked the compression. So I am thinking that it might not be valves but I am looking for some input from the more experienced than I am with these motors.
    All three cylinders are low but the last two 75/90 are way low. How did you check the cylinders, you said they didnt leak down, how did you come to this conclusion. If your using just a complession gauge the gauge itself will hold the pressure unless you hit the button on the gauge to release. In other words once pressured up you can unscrew the gauge ftom the cylinder and it will hold pressure. Looks like weak rings and maybe even a partially blown head gasket between the two cylinders with the lower numbers. What do the plugs look like, have you noticed any unusual smoke from the exaust, is it using any oil, any excessive crank case vapor (if its stock check the air intake for an oily film), just throwing some stuff at ya to check...

psycho thanks for the info I was already planing on using the ferrea valves and valve shims. I will add the oil pressure to the list of things to buy. I am working on pulling the motor and I will have it out and apart this week I will know more when I get it apart. What is the likely hood that that it could be rings? I also forgot to mention was the supercharger was fine. The washers were in tact. I will be doing a rebuild to it with a green wheel before it goes back in the ski.

Thread Information