Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

xps2 synthetic oil VS xps2 mineral oil

Hello,

New memeber here to this great site. I was wondering after reading the back of my xps 2 mineral oil that it says you can use it in seadoos. According to my maunal for my seadoo(99 gsx limited) they say to run xps synthetic??

Can anyone shed any light on the subject. i have lot's of mineral oil but am wondering if i need to get some synthetic.

thanks a million

Jason

+1
    Welcome you will like it here.

Correct you need to use a synthetic API TC oil for the rave valves on that ski. You can use the AMSOIL Synthetic Interceptor Synthetic Oil as an option.
    https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/ait.aspx?zo=367509

+1
    Mineral is good but will not protect a 951 motor. I have ran mineral oil in my old 650 & 720 seadoo and it has work very good for me. But when they started making the larger motors people were buying cheaper oil and blowing there motors up.That is why they recommend full synthetic. I have the same ski as you and have alway ran the good stuff. It is very prices but burns very clean and keeps the power valves from sticking. Seadoo make a blended synthetic but I was told not to use it on my 951 motor. The dealer said I can use it on my 800 skidoo snowmobile and has been working good. But the power valves have been getting a little gum up. So thinking about going back to the good stuff. They said the blended is rated for 800 motors. But I not convinces. Amsoil is a very good oil too. It is rated like the XP full synthetic and allot of the green hulk members use it. You get what you pay for. I hope this help a little.

Thanks alot guys, i appreciate the info. I know the mineral oil works well in lower hp snowmobile engines but was wondering about the 951 with the rave. I am new to the seadoo world but have countless experiences with sleds. thanks again!!

+1
    Years ago I bought a brand new XPL and you actually had to sign a wavier that stated you had to run xps synthetic or you warranty would be voided. I cant even remeber if or what the warranty was come to think of it. But anyway I have always run seadoo xps synthetic in all my 2 stroke ski's and never had any oil related problems. I think it is cheap insurance.

Amsoil Interceptor is great oil. It's cheaper for me to run and there is a local warehouse about 15 min away I can pick it up at. No problems and have been using it for around 4yrs now since I lost my connection at the Dealer to get employee prices.

I recently picked up 3 qts of oil for my 2007 seadoo RXP from a new local marine shop. They gave me non- synthetic Sierra brand 10w30 4 stoke oil. Does anyone know if this oil is OK to use? I have doubts...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2007RXPdoo View Post
    I recently picked up 3 qts of oil for my 2007 seadoo RXP from a new local marine shop. They gave me non- synthetic Sierra brand 10w30 4 stoke oil. Does anyone know if this oil is OK to use? I have doubts...

That ski calls for a 10w-40 oil that does not have friction modifiers in it. Like a good motorcycle oil. Look for a MA-2 spec is the best. Here is some information on the AMSOIL 10w-40 synthetic marine oil and the Sea-Doo oil.
    http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?z...storefront/wcf

http://www.amsoil.com/techservicesbu...0doo%20pwc.pdf

Okay wait. Should I be using an Amsoil for my 787? I know a guy here in town that sells the stuff.

+1
    Seadoo xps synthetic nothing but the best ..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information