Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Banned User
    +1

300x fuel consumption rate

For anyone wondering what the actual fuel consumption rate is at full throttle in stock form Nothing done at all. It is 3.1-3.3 mpg this is basically the same as a stock 260+or-.3 so there you have it anyone saying this ski is a fuel pig well yea it uses fuel but no more then a stock 260. These numbers are all mapped out using GPS. At some point I will do actual fuel consumption rates for washer mod

+1
    That is the exact same discussion I had with a couple people this morning. Beat me to posting it. I am not complaining at all about my fuel consumption and that was over the whole weekend putting on the initial 10 hours.

I wonder what they did to make it the same, I would have thought more boost required more fuel.

Fire - just curious how much sustained WOT time you have with the 300X? It drinks more than my Jan 2007 250X when it was stock, yes they were known to run a little rich (not sure about the 260X - I never owned one). I have no data point on the 260X

I have noticed a significant difference in fuel consumption between WOT and even 8-10ths throttle - WOT makes a big difference in fuel consumption. My read is that at sustained WOT, my craft is a "pig" ;-]

I suspect it depends on how one rides the craft and the craft itself will offer small variation

Also note that if you do the washer / speedo mod, I hear you will see an increase in fuel consumption. I am told you can expect 2.6 mpg at WOT (give or take) if you do the speedo mod.

+1
    I was Thinking I was burning more fuen than I was but I was refueling out of a tank not at the pump. Yesterday I did go to the pump for better accuracy and my fuel alarm sounds after 13 gallons are burned. I didn't burn near the fuel I thought I had. I would have burned almost as much with my LX. Mostly cruising with some showing off. It is a route I take very often and in fact if I ride my LX hard for that route I have burned 15. I am not complaining at all. Would love to see what just a cruising ride will be like.

Don't remember exact numbers but it was 13. something gallons when I got to the pump and the alarm was on for 3 miles which involved 2 WOT runs. The distance travelled was about 65-70 miles. I know not accurate but a pretty good idea. This was with the washers installed but for some reason it was still hitting the limiter at 7700.

+1
    fuel mapping and technology we have 620hp truck engines that use less fuel than earlier 400hp engines.

Quote Originally Posted by Red08Ultra250 View Post
    I wonder what they did to make it the same, I would have thought more boost required more fuel.

Banned User
    +1
    I guess I need to clarify. My test I ride 99.9% time in the ocean and also race in the ocean the same endurance racing. In endurance racing it's avg speed not top speed that wins out at the end of the day. So my test where done in the ocean in varying conditions.sat ride out was 51.6 miles i used right at 16 gallons my avg speed plotted out on my gps was 60 mph thus means the boat was any where between 57-65 mph This was not a flat day ether the only way u would ever sustain a true wot is. On a piss flat. Lake I have yet to see any ocean endurance race with a avg higher then 62mph. To me what I can avg is my true test of fuel mpg. Results may very for diffrent craft rider conditions etc. If someone is avg 67mph then ur fuel burn rate may be higher. My boat was tested against a stock 2010 260x the whole ride we where side by side and upon refilling the skis took within.3 of a gal between each ski. So pretty dead on stock to stock in burn rAte. Also to the 250 point. My 250 burns more fuel then the 260 and my 300. More tq and mapping = better mpg. Is my guess boost does not have to be evil when utilized correctly IMO Again results may vary

Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    fuel alarm sounds after 13 gallons are burned.
    This was with the washers installed but for some reason it was still hitting the limiter at 7700.
    That sounds about right. The manual says the alarm comes on when 7.4 gallons left in the tank.

What was your speedo reading at 7700 rpm?
    What thickness washers did you install?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreenman View Post
    That sounds about right. The manual says the alarm comes on when 7.4 gallons left in the tank.

What was your speedo reading at 7700 rpm?
    What thickness washers did you install?
    The strange thing was my speedo was only reading 60 when it was shutting down at 7500 which I was doing 67.6 I honestly do not remember what it was reading since I added the washers I just didn't pay attention. I will check it thursday when I get home.

I installed #12 Stainless washers from Lowes. I will have to check if they are truely installed properly. If so I will add one more. I am adding a deep fuel pickup and bending the arm as I did on my LX.
    I am trying to remember all the questions I am getting asked so I can test and get all the answers for everyone this weekend. With the way the ski runs on the SLO key, I feel you could get great economy. I used it for the first tank and seems you rarely get into the boost and she still runs at a good cruising speed. This is something I will find out this weekend also. I will make a short 20 or so mile run and go to a pump each time to be accurate logging my speeds and which key.

Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    I installed #12 Stainless washers from Lowes.
    Try installing #4 or #5 washers, only one at each corner.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information