Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fizzle IC with Stock Exhaust Resonator

I know some members of the forum have successfully installed a fizzle IC with the stock exhaust resonator in place. I think I'm gonna try it as well. One person did it by trimming the exhaust hose connecting the water box to the resonator and running it under the IC. I have couple questions regarding this setup. Is there a reason the factory setup for this hose loops up and then back down to the resonator? It seems unnecessary from my point of view. There are some other hoses zip tied to this exhaust hose at the apex of the loop. I'm not even sure what the other hoses are yet (one is a clear yellowish hose and the other I believe is coming from the top of the J pipe). Do these other hoses need to be tied up high like that for a reason? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Banned User
    +1
    pretty sure your talking about the bailer hose's... yes they need to be up higher then the water line when the ski's in the water so it doesnt flow back into your ski.... same reason the exhaust hose is high up there

Thanks. I thought the clear yellowish hoses were the bailer hoses. I would appreciate it if someone could explain to me how these work. My limited understanding is that they build up a vacuum when the engine is on and evacuate water from the engine compartment. I just don't understand what creates the vacuum.

+1
    The jet pump creates the vacuum. The black hose that's tied to the exhaust and goes to the J-pipe is a cooling hose. There's no reason for it to be tied there that I can see besides neatness.

Fitting the intercooler kit with the stock exhaust exit is not a problem. Fitting it with the stock exhaust resonator is a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by jjspyder View Post
    Thanks. I thought the clear yellowish hoses were the bailer hoses. I would appreciate it if someone could explain to me how these work. My limited understanding is that they build up a vacuum when the engine is on and evacuate water from the engine compartment. I just don't understand what creates the vacuum.

I was going to try something like SeanCucf did. Below are some photos he sent me of his setup with the exhaust resonator. He said he had it wedged in there pretty good even without a mounting bracket attached. Jfizzle do you see any issues with this setup?

+1
    no, there shouldn't be any issues with running that setup

+1
    Make sure it doesnt rub on the resonator.

+1
    I wouldn't be hitting any big waves without a mounting bracket.

Everthing louder than everything else! sHALlow's Avatar
    +1
    or running worm gear drive clamps, also run bleeder with water running that way/

I'm running kinda the same thing.
    I'm running a 4 inch intake stock j pipe an box with riva pro series exhaust bypass. The one with the metal pipe from the box to the last 90 degree fitting out the back.
    Also converted to open loop .
    Yea it looks like I have tons of room but never knew you could do this.

I'm trying to build a rxp stock setup with bigger sc to run 80 but may hit a wall around 78 I'm thinking so may have to add this ic because I know most all others are set up to go really close to the left side of the pump inside. I don't want to put a thru hull on to make it ezer I did that before an was to loud for me.

Alo the pics the saw in the hulk store for this fizzle ic look like they have blue pipes hooking up pipes?????

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information