Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just rebuilt my supercharger with 08 kit. Now reading the gold washers break?

My 06 has 46 hrs and the ceramic clutch started to slip but the washers didnt break.I got a 420881100 kit with gold metal washers just finished the rebuild and thought I was good but I just read the gold washers break? I dont want to install it if the washers wont last. Maybe I can run it for the summer and put the Riva washers in next 20hrs?

+1
    If it's a stock boost charger you will be fine bro although the newer kits have better washers. Most of the failures we're from higher boost chargers.

Its all stock, Im glad it will be ok. Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VMDAMT View Post
    My 06 has 46 hrs and the ceramic clutch started to slip but the washers didnt break.I got a 420881100 kit with gold metal washers just finished the rebuild and thought I was good but I just read the gold washers break? I dont want to install it if the washers wont last. Maybe I can run it for the summer and put the Riva washers in next 20hrs?
    I have seen the gold washers break on a stock X charger in less than 50 hours. Pretty sure this ski was abused from the start out in the ocean. Anyway I would pull the SCer and recheck the slip after about 10 hours. Also, not sure, but I don't think all gold washers are the same. The early ones (0 maybe a problem.

With all that said. I run Gold washers in my 3RUDE without issues. Duke and I set it up right before the Hydrodrags and I rechecked it afterwards and the slip held great.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Run em!

The new washers are coming apart (some breaking gears) in high boost - high slip applications as well.... some very quickly. I personally feel that the golds are better than the new one's in the "big" chargers... if your going to run OEM washers.

Wesley Chapel, FL. Y L Isla Del Encato PR.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    Run em!

The new washers are coming apart (some breaking gears) in high boost - high slip applications as well.... some very quickly. I personally feel that the golds are better than the new one's in the "big" chargers... if your going to run OEM washers.

Thanks man answered my question as well.

+1
    60 hours on high boost and not a drop in slip on gold washers

Moderated
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    Run em!

so the new rough surfaced ones are having issues in high boost applications as well, is that what you are saying?

+1
    I have not seen any reports of the newer ones failing, can u post up info big d?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    I have not seen any reports of the newer ones failing, can u post up info big d?
    I havent heard of them failing,I have heard they DO need to be rechecked and set after break-in though..for some reason guys were losing thier slip after a few hours on them...BUT once they reset it it was usually good to go..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information