Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1

I added a 2.5 wedge to my 4 rxp what can i expect?

Its an R&D 2.5 with the ext rod kit,i have a worx grate and solas 15/19r what can i expect with it?
    thank ya

Im pretty curious also because im considering a wedge....but i really dont believe ive ever read anywhere that someone has raved about it. Usually, you never stop reading about parts that actually make significant differences in performance. And who qualifies the best from one...or is this a part that's supposed to do something positive for EVERY ski set-up??

I felt it change the handling with the Riva 2 degree wedge, I liked it a little less. Were I to build a machine from stock again I would probably skip it and put the money towards something else. Can't recall it actually gave the speed that it claims for me, but I put it on with other mods.

Yea, I put a wedge on my '96 ski years ago and i dont recall it doing much other than pitch the nose a little more from holeshot.

+1
    started my rxp with riva wedge, riva intake grate and 3 inch intake and was as fast as rxtx, wedge made a noticeable difference and riva claims like 1 to 2 mph, for the money its pretty good. if you really want to see a difference get a modded rideplate, best thing i ever did without modding the engine at all

Quote Originally Posted by masta2000 View Post
    wedge made a noticeable difference and riva claims like 1 to 2 mph, for the money its pretty good. if you really want to see a difference get a modded rideplate, best thing i ever did without modding the engine at all
    So you got some speed from your wedge? Riva claims 1-2mph - thats pretty ballsy if you ask me... how much you think you got?

And are you refferring to a closed loop Jims plate, no skegs - the $200 mod? What was your personal experience/gain with that?

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    I did read somewhere here months ago that its not recommended WITHOUT an intake grate.. correct? it would make it squirrely at high speed im sure...

+1
    You definitely get at least 1mph from them but you lose a bit of handling/turning. Depends what you like. I dont do donots etc so....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    You definitely get at least 1mph from them but you lose a bit of handling/turning. Depends what you like. I dont do donots etc so....
    +1.....

+1
    the three items put me at 70 mph consistently on a stock setup, but i saw 2 mph just with the jim's closed loop plate. imo you can do alot for speed before even having to touch the motor

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information