Thread: Pump set up

Pump set up

I am really happy with my new pump set up thanks to Rick Xp.( thanks mate for the help)
    I have a 160m liner with 15/22 skat 155mm pump and a riva adjustable nozzle running a 84mm ring and 91mm steering nozzle. I am with my current setup spinning 8700rpm.
    I have barely none cavitation and the ski shoots from corner to corner the hook up is amazing.
    According to Ricks logs this setup is good for about 87 all day long with wicked hole shot and no cavitation.
    Thanks Rick I am enjoying my FZ again.

+1
    Thats really good to hear mate.

Def alot better than any 155mm pump setup thats for sure.

+1
    Are you running the stock pump or a skat pump ??? and what mods so you have on your ski ?

Stock 155 pump with 160mm liner and 160mm skat with 15/22 and riva adjustable nozzle with 84mm ring. Stock motor, et16, Watson cooler, Riva air filter, Riva free flow, R&d grate plate and cone and adjusted cam sprockets. oh and vipec

Quote Originally Posted by miker1 View Post
    I am really happy with my new pump set up thanks to Rick Xp.( thanks mate for the help)
    I have a 160m liner with 15/22 skat 155mm pump and a riva adjustable nozzle running a 84mm ring and 91mm steering nozzle. I am with my current setup spinning 8700rpm.
    I have barely none cavitation and the ski shoots from corner to corner the hook up is amazing.
    According to Ricks logs this setup is good for about 87 all day long with wicked hole shot and no cavitation.
    Thanks Rick I am enjoying my FZ again.
    Great to see your back on your Ski & enjoying it miker1.

+1
    Stock 155 pump with 160mm liner and 160mm skat with 15/22 and riva adjustable nozzle with 84mm ring. Stock motor, et16, Watson cooler, Riva air filter, Riva free flow, R&d grate plate and cone and adjusted cam sprockets. oh and vipec
    So your a closed course racer and loving this setup for this tule of riding. Also how is the R&D ride plate because I'm looking at switching over from my RIVA plate to this because I've heard it's better for CC racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    So your a closed course racer and loving this setup for this tule of riding. Also how is the R&D ride plate because I'm looking at switching over from my RIVA plate to this because I've heard it's better for CC racing.
    No Buddie I am just a rec rider having fun.
    I still think the Worx plate is the best for c/c. I am going to try a couple of different shims positions for the R&D just to see if that gets it closer to the Worx. R&D def faster in the light stuff.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rick xp View Post
    Thats really good to hear mate.

Def alot better than any 155mm pump setup thats for sure.
    Hey Rick aren't you running the ET 18psi wheel ? If you are what pump combo are you running because I might wanna upgrade from my E1 to this wheel.

No Buddie I am just a rec rider having fun.
    I still think the Worx plate is the best for c/c. I am going to try a couple of different shims positions for the R&D just to see if that gets it closer to the Worx. R&D def faster in the light stuff.
    I thought you were a CC when you said from corner to corner. Lol glad to hear that set up is working for you man.

Rick is running a et 16. According to the data I have seen the et 16 is better. There is not really a big diff in et16-18. Once you spin the 16 it makes 18 pounds anyway.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    Hey Rick aren't you running the ET 18psi wheel ? If you are what pump combo are you running because I might wanna upgrade from my E1 to this wheel.

I thought you were a CC when you said from corner to corner. Lol glad to hear that set up is working for you man.
    Yeah mate im using a ET16 wheel and love it. My pump setup is a 160mm 15/23R Riva Prop untouched, 160mm wear ring, 84mm reduction nozzle, 91mm steering nozzle with bored out transom and intake grate.

Spinning it to 8750 RPM will get you 90+ easy as.

Good hook up and no cav coming out of hard corners and a little bit of cav on holeshot but nothing too bad to worry about.

Also R&D plate is very good for speed and not too bad around the course with a few shims in the back. Best closed course plate is a WORX but Scotchmonster just took hers off and bolted on my R&D and gained 6 MPH.

I would go the R&D.

Thread Information