Thread: Introduction

Introduction

How is everybody? I am new to GreenHulk. I enjoy reading posts. I can see that there is a wealth of knowledge on here!! I am not new to boating, but am new to PWC's..lol I decided to get a few "Cheap Buys" and mechanic them up for some cheap fun. I found a 2000 Polaris Virage 700 and a 1996 Yamaha Wave Venture 100 Triple. The Triple is running great, and I have not had a chance to get the Virage out due to an unknown hole in the intake grate (hull). It was missing and I donít know what it is or where to find it...lol
    I would consider myself a weekend mechanic..lol I can will try anything once...sometimes make it worse, but hey, thatís how you learn..lol

Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself.

Thanks.. Josh

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk Josh.Did you mean the intake grate is missing? you can find one in the classifieds on here or possibly john zigler on here or possibly ebay.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk Josh

I posted a reply to your question over here;
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...91#post1684891

It sounds like your are asking about the pitot fitting for the speedometer pressure sense hose.

Yes sir!! you guys nailed it. Thanks for the replies...lol

Now I need to see if the hose is there....maybe its floating around in the hull somewhere..

The speedo pickup looks like a little white shark fin and sits on the bottom side of the hull directly in front of the intake grate...with a plastic nut and washer inside the hull...if it's missing it's probably gone for good. Should be pretty cheap rop replace though. You could always just stick a bolt and nut in there while you're waiting if you really want to run it.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk

yea...that would work...well, I got the cdi box open to find out that it got wet....I found the yellow wire from the CDI unit had removed itself causing the engine not to start..After re connecting this wire with a little solder, shrink wrap and spraying down the box with some PB Blaster...I fired up the motor and the gauges aren't working.. Motor worked great.. I figured its not locked out...just no gauge read out. I haven't checked the fuses, but is that were the power comes into play with the gauges? Is there anywhere else that should be looking?

I'm Just happy the BOX didn't fry....a little disappointed in how loose the box is, but whatever...

Any suggestions??

Thread Information