+1

Seadoo Pump On FZR/S

I'm back after a long tax season! I'm sure I have missed a lot of stuff on the site so it will take me a while to catch up. I have the seadoo pump on my FZS and am killing the limiter. I have a reduction nozzle to put on soon and I'm hoping that this will bring my rpms down a bit so I'm off the limiter. I sent my impeller to Jerry to have him repitch last season but if the reduction nozzle doesn't work I will need it repitched again. My question is, for anyone using the seadoo pump, which impeller are you using? I don't want the impeller repitched too much but looking on the site I don't see any that are bigger than what mine was repitched to.

Id suggest having a chat with Richie, but he has been banned from Greenhulk for a bit. He has some experience with Seadoo pumps on FZR's .

+1
    I have basically the same motor and pump set-up on my conversion ski except I am using my own Seadoo adapter and all of the bell and whistles I sell with it.

Now that our season is starting back up I have several different impeller combinations I will be testing.

Last year I used a Solas concord 14/22 4 blade that was pitched to 15/24. This set-up worked pretty good though in good weather I was often bouncing off the limiter as well.

With that impeller I also used a Yamaha twin inducer impeller - again pretty good results.

I also ran a Skat 3 blade pitched at 12/21 - with this impeller this is the ideal pitch for this impeller and our motor set-ups.

I also have a Skat 162 mm 3 blade impeller (which I can use with or without the Yamaha inducer impeller) to try this spring. I am optimistic this will be my best set-up yet.

I also run my Seadoo pump set-up on my SHO. On my SHO I use a C3 wheel so I use a lower pitch impeller. I am doing some interesting work on my SHO with the transom and intake grate to further improve the holeshot capability of that ski. I'll post up results as I have them.

+1
    Phillips the man on Seadoo pump setups!

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by philip_gpr View Post
    I have basically the same motor and pump set-up on my conversion ski except I am using my own Seadoo adapter and all of the bell and whistles I sell with it.

Now that our season is starting back up I have several different impeller combinations I will be testing.

Last year I used a Solas concord 14/22 4 blade that was pitched to 15/24. This set-up worked pretty good though in good weather I was often bouncing off the limiter as well.

With that impeller I also used a Yamaha twin inducer impeller - again pretty good results.

I also ran a Skat 3 blade pitched at 12/21 - with this impeller this is the ideal pitch for this impeller and our motor set-ups.

I also have a Skat 162 mm 3 blade impeller (which I can use with or without the Yamaha inducer impeller) to try this spring. I am optimistic this will be my best set-up yet.

I also run my Seadoo pump set-up on my SHO. On my SHO I use a C3 wheel so I use a lower pitch impeller. I am doing some interesting work on my SHO with the transom and intake grate to further improve the holeshot capability of that ski. I'll post up results as I have them.

Thread Information