Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

broke bilge pump plastic pipe...anything I can do to salvage?

The little white pipe broke coming out of the bilge and there is no way I can get a hose to stay on there. I am trying to put my ski back together. Is there anything I can do to salvage this? Are there any local stores (springfield, mo) that I can get a replacement? I assume any small bilge will work? I assume the connectors are the same for the power?

I am so mad at myself. I was hoping to have this back together today (just installed pump tunnel kit) but I cannot go any further until I fix this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0503011844.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	237697  

Quote Originally Posted by K-Dubb View Post
    The little white pipe broke coming out of the bilge and there is no way I can get a hose to stay on there. I am trying to put my ski back together. Is there anything I can do to salvage this? Are there any local stores (springfield, mo) that I can get a replacement? I assume any small bilge will work? I assume the connectors are the same for the power?

I am so mad at myself. I was hoping to have this back together today (just installed pump tunnel kit) but I cannot go any further until I fix this.
    IMHO, not worth fooling around with.
    kelly your going to have to replace this, chuck that right in the trash...
    you also could upgrade to the 800pgh pump...

the brown and black wires are the same, you`ll have to splice in the new one...

find a boaters world or west marine or any marine store and look for one... if you want to buy online, look at boatersworld...
    http://www.boatersworld.com/product/MP63521539.htm

get heat shrink butt connectors and your golden!...

read about this in my build thread...

Thanks. None of those places around me, but I will try to some other stores. Does it have to be a Rule pump, or will others work in the stock location?

Thanks!

Thanks. None of those places around me, but I will try to some other stores. Does it have to be a Rule pump, or will others work in the stock location?

Thanks!
    not sure, but I can say the no name brands suck, and Rule is pretty good. You will want to get the same one or the 800 for a drop in install, otherwise you`ll be screwing around with the basket and such...

come on, you broke, now take the time to fix it like it was before...haste makes waste...lol...

I can tell you that 800 flows like a MOFO!

I found a 500 at bass pro! Thanks Andy..you should get paid for the help you provide!

I found a 500 at bass pro! Thanks Andy..you should get paid for the help you provide!
    Just paying it Forward Brotha!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Just paying it Forward Brotha!
    Paid hell.....pale rider is priceless..hehe
    Andy is one of the good guys here. A little anal about packing boxes, but a good guy.

+1
    Can you get a fitting at a hardware store that you can insert and glue in it and the hose on the other end? Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by CDW78 View Post
    Can you get a fitting at a hardware store that you can insert and glue in it and the hose on the other end? Maybe
    WHY?
    come on, what do you think will happen when it turns on, what if it fails when you need it...
    this is not something to skimp on...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CDW78 View Post
    we temporarily repaired one like that once... got a brass fitting that was threaded on one side and a hose nipple on the other... screwed the threaded part into the pump... it worked until he could afford a new bilge pump

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information