Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    I'm down for whatever. Let's ride. Got Wake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville Florida
    Posts
    30

    04 rxp trouble shooting, have to reset every 5 minutes

    i have a 04 rxp. when i start the ski it runs great for about 5 minutes and the check engine light come on and it beeps. The ski starts to spudder a little, almost feels like a miss, like its only running on 2 cylinders. if i take the key out and turn it back on, im good to go for about another 5 minutes. Its runs great other than having to reset the key every 5 minutes. Does anyone know what causes that.


  2. #2
    Got Boost? psycho rxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Posts
    5,445
    +1
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by Got Wake View Post
    i have a 04 rxp. when i start the ski it runs great for about 5 minutes and the check engine light come on and it beeps. The ski starts to spudder a little, almost feels like a miss, like its only running on 2 cylinders. if i take the key out and turn it back on, im good to go for about another 5 minutes. Its runs great other than having to reset the key every 5 minutes. Does anyone know what causes that.
    Brian , next time the red light flashes, press the SET button 5 times, and write down the code it displays, then press mode till it says END. If more than one code, write them all down.
    Check spark plugs first, then the intercooler for leaks.
    Do you have an external IC, or the stock one in the manifold?
    Also 1 or more of the coil packs could be bad.

  3. #3
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,334
    +1
    261
    With the engine light flashing. Sounds like its going into limp mode. Low oil pressure, high exhaust temp, high engine temp.

  4. #4
    Orlando Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    2,419
    +1
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    With the engine light flashing. Sounds like its going into limp mode. Low oil pressure, high exhaust temp, high engine temp.
    +1

    Also, check your coolant level, make sure it's not low.

  5. #5
    I'm down for whatever. Let's ride. Got Wake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville Florida
    Posts
    30
    the funny part about it all is that it all goes away when you pull the key and as soon as you start it it runs like a bat out of hell. i took it to the shop and they told me it was the tip over valve. well they installed a new one and its still doing it. and guys its like clock work, every 5 minute it will beep at me.

  6. #6
    Got Boost? psycho rxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Posts
    5,445
    +1
    182
    what code does it display now?

  7. #7
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,334
    +1
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by Got Wake View Post
    the funny part about it all is that it all goes away when you pull the key and as soon as you start it it runs like a bat out of hell. i took it to the shop and they told me it was the tip over valve. well they installed a new one and its still doing it. and guys its like clock work, every 5 minute it will beep at me.
    Thats because you are resetting the limp mode. I think you should check your oil pressure.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 04 RXP what mods needed to beat 14 rxp-x
    By 411splicer in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-15-2014, 10:35 PM
  2. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 06-16-2014, 07:54 PM
  3. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-22-2010, 08:32 PM
  4. 04 rxp Do i need to keep knock sensor update with 05 motor
    By BoostedH23a1 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-13-2010, 04:30 PM
  5. Got my IR Plugs for my RXP. Do I have to wait?
    By Water4fire in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-21-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •