Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

My Kawasaki 300X review

As many of you guys know I had the opportunity to fly out to San Diego last weekend and ride the new Kawasaki 300X. I must say, this ski was way more than I expected.

I've ridden 250's before, but this beast is an entirely different animal. I have never, ever, been on a stock ski that would hole shot this good. There's not even a hint of cavitation as this ski sling shots out of the hole. It has great acceleration all the way up to it's top speed. I didn't have a GPS on me, but the speedometer showed 67 mph running across Mission Bay at wide open throttle. There was a slight chop on the water, but the 300X just sliced on through and didn't come unhooked even once.

Handling is extremely impressive. No quirky feeling at high speed in sweeping turns. The ski just bites and goes predictably where you want it to. The torque of this engine with the Eaton supercharger is amazing. Throw the ski into a hard turn and you have the torque to pull out with brute force. I have to comment on the sound of the Eaton supercharger. The whine the supercharger makes is bad ass! I just couldn't get enough of pulling the throttle just to hear the supercharger scream.

I think the highlight of my ride was taking the ski into the ocean. When we approached the inlet there were huge swells at least 10 to 12 feet, some even higher. I had never ridden in such conditions and was nervous at first but quickly found myself very confident as the ski handled the swells with no problems whatsoever. The massive torque of the engine made it effortless to climb up the face of the waves and launch off of them. This was tons of fun and I can't wait to have the opportunity to ride like this again.

I want to share some info with you guys about the Kawasaki folks. Many of us think of these big corporate guys as white collar bean counters. Quite the opposite with this bunch. These guys are enthusiasts just like you and I are. They're hard core riders that eat, breathe and sleep PWC's. In fact, a group of them rode the 300's from Los Angeles through the ocean down to San Diego where I was staying. It was great for me to have the opportunity to talk to their R&D guys and share ideas and to learn about what they do. Very cool stuff!

I'm looking forward to doing some more riding on one of these here on my home waterways. Hopefully my good friend lasportsmn will let me sling a leg over his.
    He's got some mods on the way and I can't wait to see how his ski will perform once tweaked out a bit. I can tell that this ski will be an absolute monster when the mods that are being released for it.

I am going try to buy one soon. Thanks for the info. I found I for 12,850 plus all the other stuff. The 4 yr. extended warranty is 750. Please updat me on any info. All 6 of my skis are doos and yamas. this is a first in 17 years.

+1
    Jerry on a Kawi 300 in the ocean? WTF! I'll have a boat ready for you at the LB2Cat. Come on with Ya Bad Self!!!!!LOL.

Doug

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sedooyama View Post
    I am going try to buy one soon. Thanks for the info. I found I for 12,850 plus all the other stuff. The 4 yr. extended warranty is 750. Please updat me on any info. All 6 of my skis are doos and yamas. this is a first in 17 years.
    I think that's a wise choice. In fact, right now is the time to make a deal on a new 300X from what I hear

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Dawg View Post
    Jerry on a Kawi 300 in the ocean? WTF! I'll have a boat ready for you at the LB2Cat. Come on with Ya Bad Self!!!!!LOL.

Doug
    Can you believe it Doug?
    I love the ski though. I used to say that If I lived in a rough water area I would own one of these, but after riding this beast in smooth water I see myself right at home riding one of these 300's through the bayous

+1
    I can not believe I am reading this.
    You definately have one to play on here on the bayou.

+1
    well done jerry been waiting for your report expected nothing less.

+1
    I want one....if I had Oceanside Bill's money!

+1
    So you've been to the dark side... What side is this? Ha ha!

Very impressive ski from what I've seen.

I went out through the Mission Bay channel this past Saturday and the swells were HUGE. Was it this past Saturday that you were out?

Banned User
    indeed bro i own one of this bad boys and am totally a rookie to jetskis but i have to say this ski is wonderful. when you hit that throttle it responds like no other ski would and when it comes to handle to rough oceans, hands down this will eat any wave you throw at it.

I paid 17K for mines with 5 year warranty kinda pricey i guess but this machine is worth every penny

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information