Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Single Pipe Crayola Speed Videos

Well, my intention today was to go video some 83mph runs, but was unable to achieve that. When i was out yesterday, i had some perfect conditions and was able to bust 83-0's and 83-1's all over the place.

Since I do not have videos of that, i cannont claim it so i will have to settle for the speeds captured today. This boat is currently verbally sold to Smitty "as is" (just waiting on pickup & payment), and i think he is getting a really good deal. All of the credit on this ski goes to Mr. Kerry Hibdon. I just pull the trigger and pump gas into it. I will miss this ski very much.

The temp was 68 yesterday and my rpms were through the roof at 7390 & 7400 consistantly. The ski didn't cut out or anything, so i am not sure if it was hitting the rev limit or not vs. what my tach was saying to me. Sure wish i had a bigger prop on hand, but i can live with this.

Just so everyone understands (most already do), these speeds are not summertime speeds, these are fall temps and the cooler temps help tremendously. I am seeing roughly 130 to 160 rpm gains from what i normally run. In the summertime, these speeds will go back to 81's again.

These are the videos that i went and recorded today, however it was 76 degrees verses 68 yesterday. Humidity was at 61% and that is helping out a good bit as well for the rpms and speed. In these video's i tried to get the GPS as well as the Tach in the frame together so that you can see what is happening at different levels of speed vs what the tach is saying.

SKI = 2003 Single Pipe GPR Kerry Hibdon Big Bore @ 1490cc's
    GRATE= 800 / Full Superman
    TEMP = 76 @ 12:30 / 75 @ 1:30
    HUMIDITY= 61%
    PRESSURE= I Have No Idea
    WIND= 0 / none
    CURRENT = 0 / none
    WATER TEMP = 54-F
    WATER CONDITIONS = Calm / No Chop
    COMPRESSION = 168/170/168 PSI
    TRIM POSITION = 1 CLICK BOW UP
    TRIM TABS = ON & LOCKED DOWN (My Tab Positions Have Never Changed)
    FUEL = STRAIT 93 PUMP GAS

1) - http://media.putfile.com/A-823-CRAYOLA-SINGLE-PIPE

2) - http://media.putfile.com/B-824-CRAYOLA-SINGLE-PIPE

3) - http://media.putfile.com/C-824-CRAYOLA-SINGLE-PIPE

4) - http://media.putfile.com/D-825-CRAYOLA-SINGLE-PIPE

5) - http://media.putfile.com/E-825-CRAYOLA-SINGLE-PIPE

6) - http://media.putfile.com/F-825-CRAYOLA-SINGLE-PIPE

+1
    So is Kerry working on skis or strictly back to fixing tv's? He told me he was finished and was just going to ride for enjoyment and fix tv's.

Thanks for posting the compression and cc's

Hopefully your triple pipe beast gets the high 80's

+1
    Somebody is getting a good machine ! 80+ turn key

+1

video?

abbott,
    im just curious ,but in both yours and kerrys videos the ski`s dont really seem to come on strong until about 5500 rpms,i mean you can really see a rpm jump around that rpm range,,i would like to see a video of a hammer down run from and idle NAIL it so i can get an idea of the acceleration,,when your taking off are you wide open in these videos or is it just me?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff007 View Post
    abbott,
    im just curious ,but in both yours and kerrys videos the ski`s dont really seem to come on strong until about 5500 rpms,i mean you can really see a rpm jump around that rpm range,,i would like to see a video of a hammer down run from and idle NAIL it so i can get an idea of the acceleration,,when your taking off are you wide open in these videos or is it just me?
    Not wide open from the very start on any of the video's , but i can do a vid like that if you would like to see the jump in rpms and speen from idle to WOT, this will be like a drag race against myself in a sense. Not a bad idea.

On my lake, i have 2 places to run that are most favorible for me for top speed only both of which are not able to have an idle to WOT run because there is a slight turn in each. I can think of a few places where i can do what you are talking about and i will try to get that done for you on video the next time out.
    Last edited by ABBOTT; 11-26-2006 at 03:05 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by spud View Post
    So is Kerry working on skis or strictly back to fixing tv's? He told me he was finished and was just going to ride for enjoyment and fix tv's.

Thanks for posting the compression and cc's

Hopefully your triple pipe beast gets the high 80's
    I am not worried about the tripple as it's in Kerry's hands now and he is working very hard to get me up to speed with the training & mechanics on it , so that i can work on it too from home without crying for help over the phone. Once dialed in, it shouldn't be much more work than a single pipe ski. He has gone way past the limits of help for me over the past 3 years. I don't see it being any more difficult that owning a single pipe boat, just new things to keep in mind & new things to look after. He has been a very patient person, and so am I. I will give him all the time neccessary to do what he needs to do to both boats, and i will always have something new to learn from him. Dealing with Kerry is not a one phone call learning lesson. If you are loyal and dedicated to the sport, then Kerry is a one stop shop if you are willing to follow him trough the years, even when times are tough and everyone is throwing stones. He is not a guy you can call once, and have all the answers to the world of GPR's. This takes time as does any relationship. This isn't a Las Vegas hooker you see once and know everything there is about screwing.

I was never gifted mechanically (sp) as kerry by any means, but i was fortunately able to meet him and develop a relationship with him that would make him a member of my family and he was the motivation for me to get out off my ass and learn something and take some risks. Good friends are hard to find, and sometimes you find your most common ground away from what draws you in, which is the GPR. Kerry and I have more in common than even he knows about, but i see his passion for the GPR and i have the same passion. We just dont live on the same dam street. Otherwise there would be many fast and goodlookign skis out there that started in Kerry's house and ended in mine for the bling effect.

I have always said that you can count your "real" friends on on hand after you go through alot in life. Kerry is one of my five fingers along with my parents and Amy. I am a very lucky person to have met the people that i have (both from the forum and in real life) and very lucky to have the family that i have as well. A real passion for somthing is hard to find these days, no matter what the specailty. Kerry can keep both the TV's working and the Toys fast; and that's enough to keep me happy in life.

There will be a time in the future when Kerry doesn't work on Boats anymore at all for anyone, no matter who you are. I will still be there at his side to help in any way that i can (even after the GPR obession goes away), because that's what real friends do, not just customers who come and go at the blink of an eye. There are much more important things in life than a PWC that goes faster than someone elses, and there is always someone to replace you and pick up where you left off. But you do the best you can while you can, and that's all you can do.

Kerry catches heat all the time for being the fastest. No, he isn't in the the gueiness world book or anything like that. But he show's up and does the best that he can. His dedication and willing to "go the extra mile" has proven that he can build a boat to be fast and ride recreationally all at the same time. There are no games played, he does the best with what he has to work with (depending on what you bring him and the conditions). Kerry is a big target for people out there that are slower, no matter what the circumstances are, & no matter what the brand name.............

When your on top, you then have the biggest target on your back that everyone aims for. When you offer help to people in a public forum, you are shot down by these same stones. It's all political, plain & simply. You have to keep in mind that there are circumstances around everything. Kerry has found 99% of all information provided in any speed package available for the GPR (but doesn't get all the credit) and Kerry is the one that shows it can all be done without buying the most expensive parts in the world from Riva, R&D, and other manfactuers. Kerry has taught me that 75% of the aftermarket parts are designed to make money for large companies and even certain individuals, and offer 0, yes i said 0 gain to the top speed performance arena. As he once told me "Bullchit gets up every morning and travels half way around the world before the truth gets up and puts it's shoes on".......

It's a free world, everyone can do as they wish and say anything they want, but the reality of things show up behind you eventually. People on this forum are free to buy anything that they wish, and believe anything that is posted here on greenhulk. I wish you all the best with your porting, purchases and any other aftermarket things to help you go fast. You all know where i have stood, it's not hard to see but at least i am with the fastest of all and have been loyal to him the entire time. There might even be a time when Kerry is dethroned,,,,,,,,,,,well so be it, good for whoever and i wish them well. At the end of a day, it's still just a jetski that burns money, there will always be a king.

Kerry has tried to help others here by posting as a "normal user", but it's usually shut down after a fight ensues after it effects someone else's pocket here. Some things work and some things work better. Some things work and some things don't help at all. Some of the biggest gains in speed come from simple & cheap things, found by Kerry.........

There are other Tuners out there that do great work for our community. They all deserve a round of applaluse for the dedication. There are tons of ways to go fast with the GPR, so your sources are not limited to one person by any means. There are places to get your parts from and all of your machine work done, many of which are very successful for the right reasons and for the right passion. I have chosen one person and have decided to stick with him, even when he is the biggest taget out there. If Kerry wasn't the fastest and i had taken my ski to him 3 yrs ago; i would still have him do the work today because i appreciate how hard he works to get what he has, and because of the fact of the lack of problems i have had in dealing with him. The only problems i have ever had were either pre-existing or problems i created myself from curiosity. Never a bad deal or a dishonest situaton, not once.

Kerry has the fastest and ugliest ski i have ever seen. That's just Kerry, you would never know who he was on an average day at the lake with his stock looking boats that havn't been washed. Just another tennessee guy out having fun with his wife and son. But God help you if you want to race. Kerry doesn't have nitrous or anything like that, just naturally asperated 2-stroke engines that run like a beast. He gets stones thrown at him for having big bores and things like that when others cant figure it out. So what? If it works; it works. If he called me tomorrow and said he had a new mod that would transport me to the moon;;;;;;;hey sign my ass up. I'm there.

Often people see the word "we" in my post. I don't intend on taking any credit for anything. Kerry has that covered. If i can learn 1/4 of what he has learned by the time I pass, about PWC's, then i am doing damn good in my opinion. I like to make things look pretty and colorful, Kerry has the rest covered with the use of trim tabs still in place.

If any of you need aftermarket parts or need some specialty work done, feel free to contact him and you might be suprised at what you can save by using him. If he is no help to you, then he will tell you right away that he can't help, but chances are that he has all the parts the average joe would need to go fast and he can do any machine-work needed as well.

All in all - an easy and cheaper route to take to the quick need for speed is to take your boat to him when possible and have him do everything for you. It's the best thing that i know possible for the averge joe looking to go fast. Look at what you would spend trying to get to where you can be with Kerry's work, (if you ever reach that far). You can take your boat to him and have him do everything needed in one stop- a one stop shop. And yes, contrary to others beliefs, you will be tought to know and understand your boat. You won't be picking up your boat and having someone say "ok, here it is- good luck"................Please.

Good luck to all the speed demons out there with the same passion as some. I hopt that my videos were somewhat beneficial to the forum.

Thanks Guys.

+1
    A very good post.

I saved it, in case it "dissapears."

+1
    John,

Cool video.

If I did not know you I would never believe that was a single pipe ski.

You are one of a few that can do that. Kerry , Gpr Pittman, The fountain crew, Fercho, Ronn G.

I cant wait to see what is next.

+1

Talking Soon To Be.

[QUOTE=mtrager;171176]John,

Cool video.

You are one of a few that can do that. Kerry , Gpr Pittman, The fountain crew, Fercho, Ronn G.

and very soon to be JEFF007

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrager View Post
    John,

Cool video.

I cant wait to see what is next.

your in there too bro

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information