RXP Engine Rebuild. HELP!!!!

Just finished rebuilding my bottom end with an 07 case and was looking at the head oil pressure jet in my old block and wondered what to do. Can I do away with it or will I need to fit one?? Engine case is 07 but head is 04 with standard rocker shaft.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    You have two options... 1. Buy the rotax racing oil pressure restricter, cause BRP doesn't even sell the damn thing. 2. Find an 06+ rocker shaft, and don't worry about an oil restricter anymore. I prefer option 2.

Do not run an 04-05 rocker shaft without the oil restricter!!!

I tried to fit a 2004 4tec oem oil pressure jet into a 2007 4tec eng block and it was too small, it seemed that the diameter of the oil holes were different.
    I am in australia where parts arent available and if they are they are 3x times US prices, so i couldnt get another oil pressure jet to compare and couldnt quickly get an 2007 rocker shaft, so i considered my options and ended up doing this -

I screwed/loctited a "grub" screw into the top of the cyl head - shaft oil supply hole where rocker shaft is fed with oil[where the shaft sits at the back] the grub screw screwed straight in-i didnt need to tap the hole, I then drilled a 2mm hole straight through the grub screw [i believe the 2007 oem rocker shaft has a 1.5mm hole].
    So whether you restrict the oil flow to the top end of engine at the shaft or at the supply hole - same result.
    Ran and checked oil flow to top end, correct system oil pressure and all good.
    Total repair cost - $1.

Isa375~ do u know about the "08" oil jet mod for more effiecient lubrication of the SC clutch washers? Might be an oppurtune time..i missed out when i did my 2004 engine rebuild.

Don't know what the mod is for the super charger lub. Do you have more info or a web link?? Going to rebuild my super charger aswell seen as it has 84hrs on it.

Thanks to the rest of the guys for the advice will see what I can do as spent over 4 figures rebuilding so far so a bit more won't do any harm.

Search "oil jet". In 4tec performance section.

Thread Information