+1

broke drain screw of when draining antifreeze

can the rider plate be pulled apart? i broke the drain screw in the rider plate when i was puting it back in the head just spun off the screw didnt even have force on it. any ideas how to pull screw out? take top of rider plate off or ? cant get needle nose or anything on there so..

Well the bad part is that the allen screw in there is very small. You could try to get a small enough drill bit into the center of the screw and get it to bind to reverse it back out. I'd try not to drill through the other side as you will have coolant pouring out at that point. IF you do this by mistake make sure that you flush it some with new coolant when you replace to get any metal shavings from drilling out of the system. It really will depend on how tight it is in the hole there if drilling it some will get it back out. Just drill slowly and work at it to get it to reverse out. Maybe even try reversing with the next increment up in bit sizes. Do not attempt to pull your ride plate apart whatever you do.

+1
    Just got a small bit and pushed it throw a lil
    So went to ace got a drill bit that suposed to pull it out... The system is drained of antifreeze so... If it pushes throw tho in to the system could I run like a vacuum on it and pull it out throw the hoses going to water pump or? How's the water flow throw there? Is it just like a pull or is there like lil chanels in there so to speak?

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

well never mind it pushed threw now great a really big problem..

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ry1013_sdf_uk.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	237788

im thinking about putting a strainer on the out let line coming off the rider plate to trap the other half of the bolt/plug which line tho is the out let line?

Try taking the coolant resevoir bottle off and running a hose to the coolant hose. I'd be very suprised if that didn't flush the screw out with as light as it is. Pretty sure its an aluminum screw, but if not you could always magnetize something very thin to try and extract it. Catch the water you flush in a bucket so you can see if it comes thru.

+1
    tryed with hose got nothing got the filter in im gonna put in the return line from the rider plate but which connection is it?, which way does the water flow in to the plate and out of the plate back to the motor? i got a diagram of the pump the ill upload in min computer wont let me....

I see beerdart sent you a pic of the coolant flow in another thread so I don't have to. You might also try just running a long piece of coolant hose, 3/8" if i recall correctly to the input and output and really try to get some good flow with a garden hose hooked up to shoot the piece out of the outlet side of the ride plate. Make em long so you can just dump the water out over the edge of the ski and not have the garden hose down in the hull either. The one thing I'm really unsure of is the size of the coolant channel inside the ride plate. Honestly there may not even be enough room in there for the screw remnants to travel, in which case you really wouldn't have anything to worry about anyhow. If anyone is familiar with the ride plate innards chime in. I checked the service manual and there is no breakdown of the ride plate in there.

+1
    i cant find any breakdown of rider plate ether and i called seadoo yesterday they wouldnt tell me anything guess its top secret lol im just gonna throw the strainer in and i should be good i hope. the strainer will let me sleep at night now lol...

Thread Information