Smile New out of crate What needs to be done?

Hey All greetings from OZ,

In the not too distant future i'll be ordering a 2011 VX Deluxe from California and am having it shipped to Melbourne. I have trawled through the existing threads and have ascertained some great advice in relation to where to buy and how to get it here etc.

i have spoken to a dealer in California who informed me that there is a small amount of assembly required to get the waverunner ready for use. Can anyone elaborate on what pre delivery assembly, checks or maintenance needs to be done?

In case i am digging up old ground i apologize, i did search for relevant info but could not find a relevant post.

Thanks in advance

DMP

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dmp32103 View Post
    Hey All greetings from OZ,

In the not too distant future i'll be ordering a 2011 VX Deluxe from California and am having it shipped to Melbourne. I have trawled through the existing threads and have ascertained some great advice in relation to where to buy and how to get it here etc.

i have spoken to a dealer in California who informed me that there is a small amount of assembly required to get the waverunner ready for use. Can anyone elaborate on what pre delivery assembly, checks or maintenance needs to be done?

In case i am digging up old ground i apologize, i did search for relevant info but could not find a relevant post.

Thanks in advance

DMP
    Why are you going for a VX Deluxe??? Surely the VXR or FZS or SHO are the way to go. I imported a FZS from the US in November , purchased it from Berts Mega Mall California paid $10400 and used main freight to import it, freight and duty came to $3000. All up on the water in NSW $14,300. I took mine to a disgruntle ex yamaha dealer and he put a few things together. I dont think it is hard but with no warranty I wanted to make sure everything was good to go without me mucking it up.

Hi Gleson,

Dollars dictates what i can afford and at the moment it has to be something from the VX range. Thanks for the info though, i'm not to sure if there are many ex yamaha mechanics floating about in Melbourne, i;ll do my best to find one though!

Any other info and pearls of wisdom you can provide is appreciated.

Cheers

DMP

Neighborhood Superman SlowStang305's Avatar
    +1
    The Yamaha VX is a great ski, you will not be disappointed at all!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dmp32103 View Post
    Hi Gleson,

Dollars dictates what i can afford and at the moment it has to be something from the VX range. Thanks for the info though, i'm not to sure if there are many ex yamaha mechanics floating about in Melbourne, i;ll do my best to find one though!

Any other info and pearls of wisdom you can provide is appreciated.

Cheers

DMP
    Hi mate,
    See if you can stretch to a FX HO or maybe try and get a left over 2010 and save some money or upgrade to a better ski. If I was you I would buy my oil and filter etc for the 10hour service at the time of purchasing or get if from greenhulk. Try and stick to something that comes in a steel crate, dont go for anything in a timber crate as you will have to fumigate the crate and the enire container it comes out in. The other company worth dealing with is mission motorsport, I think they are cheaper then Berts but they didn't have an FZS. If you deal with one of these companies you cant go wrong. I would also stick to Yamaha simply because you wont have a warranty. Probably worth having a look in Aust dealers for a deal on a 2010 ski, they have some good deals going recently to try and stop people importing. Good luck with it.

+1
    as said above too good a deals going locally i wouldnt bother importing unless you are very well mechanically minded. alot of local dealers wont even give you the time of day if you have an import. let alone service it. and believe me things do go wrong

+1
    The seadoo in crate needs to be programed before it is ship if there is no dealer to do it . I dont know about Yamaha. I was told if you had a lap top it could be work on if you have probles with it. Find out if it needs to be program before it is ship. They will have to hook up the batterie program it. Then disconect the batterie for shiping. I am not sure if the yamahas are the same way as seadoo. I think yamaha will be your best bet. The dealer should tell you whats up on that anyway. good luck

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 20 feet Boy View Post
    The seadoo in crate needs to be programed before it is ship if there is no dealer to do it . I dont know about Yamaha. I was told if you had a lap top it could be work on if you have probles with it. Find out if it needs to be program before it is ship. They will have to hook up the batterie program it. Then disconect the batterie for shiping. I am not sure if the yamahas are the same way as seadoo. I think yamaha will be your best bet. The dealer should tell you whats up on that anyway. good luck
    There are no issues with the Yamaha at all. Just hook the battery up, no programing required.

+1
    thanks I dint want dmp 32103 to have any problem with ski after shiping.

Thread Information