Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NZ Stock build?

NZ Stock build?

FZR bone stock is a bit slower than then RXP-X. NZ doesn't allow ECU mods in stock class so what would usually get a class winning boat overseas isn't so dominant. Great boat vs novice riders but against experienced ones, extra horses or weight/flow advantages. Are there any comprehensive builds for the FZR Stock Class that would work?

Amendments for NZ stock Class in this link
    http://www.nzjetsport.org.nz/rules/N...les%202010.pdf

+1
    Dude the only thing you can probably do is get a rideplate, intake grate and sponsons and if your feeling rich you can go for jettrim seat cover and Riva steering.

I run R&D plate and grate on my ski and they work awesome and i also run TBM sponsons. Its all personal preference though.

Thats about all you can do and you will just have to ride harder/faster.

Without an ECU to unlock the yamaha's true potential your kind of stuck dude. Makes for one boring boat if you ask me.

What about a reflash? They have to be good for something

Yeah i gt the basic easy stuff to put on that you mentioned. More looking for the non obvious things or secret tricks to the FZR. sorta like the stage1 guide that I've seen on the forums.
    Trust me riding hard is what i do, straights are boring and corners are where its at.

You wouldn't be the famous Rick from NZ would ya?

Thought about reflash, would unlock heaps but if ya caught you lose the podium. Don't know why they banned the reflash tho its like an equalizer in stock. They reckon its to keep cost down... its already super pricey.

+1
    Hahaha yeah dude im the famous Rick from NZ. How do you know me?

So your after some cheater mods dude? hahaha.

A couple of things would be the first one is to get a reflash but your right and they could possibly pick up on that.

Another one is to advance the cam timing on the intake and the exhaust. You can drill the stock cam gears and the bolts can actually hide the original holes so it looks factory. This is good for alot more midrange and about 100 RPM up top.

Another one would be to get the head shaved and use a thinner head gasket and raise the compression.

Other than these there is not really anything else that they wont pick up on.

Stuff like R&D pump cones are a good thing buy also can be spotted quite easily.

LoL small world. You Remember Laurence Moulden, John Wright? I hang round them.

Ive looked at the cones an all. But Yeah its easily detected. Cams seem neat but mucking round with internals is not really an option for various reasons not pertaining to class rules.

Shaving the Head and thinner gasket isn't always the best idea cause again you've gotta fiddle with the ECU to get fuels right not to mention increased risk of blowing a gasket or cracking the head, forced induction boats prefer lower compression without strengthened internals.

I thought about the fake vents drill out but no point as its not effective for a stock boat as it draws fine as it is.

+1
    Yeah i know those guys well. Yeah dude moved over here a few years ago.

Pretty hard with NZ rules as your not allowed to do anything to the boat at all. Not even an airfilter. So no matter what you do is going to be easy as to see.

Best thing dude is to do the cam gears and that will prob be enough to get past the seadoos.

Dont worry about fueling on the stock comp as they are super rich from factory. Something like 10.2 AFR at WOT. So raising compression will be a good thing for sure.

Over here were allowed ECU's and its a bit more exciting.

---------- Post added at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 AM ----------

Another thing that might be an option thinking about it would be to lower the fuel pressure so you get a nice 12.0 AFR at WOT.

You would have to hook up a AFR gauge and put a adjustable fuel reg on it and take it down a few psi and check lambda's at WOT. There is a few hundred rpm in that for sure.

Rick I dont think you can do both cams with a stock boost motor, it does not build up enough cilinder pressure it needs boost. You can run the intake though.

+1
    I have done it on a stock motor and the cranking compression was the same. The lobe seperation from cam to cam is still exactly the same.

Yeah hold compression longer without doing the exhaust, so thats understandable. Your right bout the richness ive seen the numbers.
    NZ needs to relax the rules a bit no aftermarket ECu but allow the Reflash and Intake modifications which are relatively cheap. Heck Intake piping i can make myself.

Might try polishing up the pump and cones and modify the transom plate for less restriction

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information