Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Slip/torque wrench?

Well It's weird I had a clicker type torque wrench and cheked slip after I got it back from Jerry just for fun it was WAY OFF according to the cheap clicker and Jerry said it was set at 16 ft/lbs when he sent it back witch I know if he did it it's right on 16 ft/lbs. so I went out and bought a $230 craftsman digi torque wrench and checked it and this wrench reads 20 ft/lbs counter clockwise and 16 ft/lbs clockwise????? should I get a dial type torque wrench?

+1
    cheap torque wrenches are not wort sh!t. even good ones like snapon etc need to be calibrated often depending on how much there used. Jerry would have his up to scratch as he is very anal when it comes to superchargers

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jaffabas View Post
    cheap torque wrenches are not wort sh!t. even good ones like snapon etc need to be calibrated often depending on how much there used. [
    +1.....You definatly want a good torque wrench when working on the Scer slip..As you can see it can through your setting way off..

i have a clicker too, when putting in viton seal. i checked slippage. mine was 95. I left it alone for now

Wesley Chapel, FL. Y L Isla Del Encato PR.
    Quote Originally Posted by N8T View Post
    Well It's weird I had a clicker type torque wrench and cheked slip after I got it back from Jerry just for fun it was WAY OFF according to the cheap clicker and Jerry said it was set at 16 ft/lbs when he sent it back witch I know if he did it it's right on 16 ft/lbs. so I went out and bought a $230 craftsman digi torque wrench and checked it and this wrench reads 20 ft/lbs counter clockwise and 16 ft/lbs clockwise????? should I get a dial type torque wrench?
    You need a dial torque wrench. They work awesome.......

a digital and dial should be close to within 1/2 pound. your number clockwise is the same as Jerry's so it's all good. you always want to measure clockwise because that's the same way the sc puts force on the washers. I would be careful measuring counter because you can get unlucky and accidently break the nut loose. I've calibrated alot of the craftsman digitals in the past and they are pretty good but don't drop it or try to use it over the max torque setting. it will trigger a error code and will need to be recalibrated.

Quote Originally Posted by seadoo1120 View Post
    a digital and dial should be close to within 1/2 pound. your number clockwise is the same as Jerry's so it's all good. you always want to measure clockwise because that's the same way the sc puts force on the washers. I would be careful measuring counter because you can get unlucky and accidently break the nut loose. I've calibrated alot of the craftsman digitals in the past and they are pretty good but don't drop it or try to use it over the max torque setting. it will trigger a error code and will need to be recalibrated.
    I thought it was a reverse thred so counter clockwise would be the best way to check slip??

+1
    Get a digital torque wrench adaper like this one. Awsome.You can set it to a torque or do a real time reading of torque. Works fantastic for measuring the slip on our superchargers.
    Very accurate and reasonble price.

https://www.toolsmithonline.com/prod...Torque-Adapter-

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    Get a digital torque wrench adaper like this one. Awsome.You can set it to a torque or do a real time reading of torque. Works fantastic for measuring the slip on our superchargers.
    Very accurate and reasonble price.

https://www.toolsmithonline.com/prod...Torque-Adapter-
    Thats nice, but the Torque range is 20-99 ft/lbs in the spec info.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by N8T View Post
    I thought it was a reverse thred so counter clockwise would be the best way to check slip??
    Reverse thread is on the front cap nut on the impeller..the one on the clutch assembly is clockwise.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information