Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

First modification what do you think?

Hey guys I can get a great deal on a 14/19 solas concord propeller and was wondering if the R series is that much better. Also I am purchasing a riva 2 degree wedge and a worx intake grate and girdle. Am also looking at the riva $100 opas block offs. What do you think about these mods and is it worth going this way. I am having the sc rebuilt since it has 54 hours on the ski and doesn;t have metal washers to save sending it out again in 46 hours.

+1
    I think you are right on track. Get the vts extension as you will need it for handling issues. The regular OPAS block-off's are fine just as so you don't go over 75. If you do, the craft will start to porpoise. You will need the pro block offs at that point. When you send your charger to Jerry, send the prop with it. Tell him your mods and he will pitch it accordingly. The 14/19 is a little steep. I would recommend a 4" intake and would get the FIZZLE found here ---> http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1160 It comes with everything you need and is a great kit. It will help you to better turn the prop you are getting.

+1
    Well I was going to get a good deal on the impeller but it fell through so I will look for an R series now probally. I will take a look at the fizzle and appreciate the help. Now that the impeller fell through what should I look at first the wedge, grate, intake or impeller? I will get all however I look for good deals so I am in no hurry.

+1

+1
    I would do the stage 1 however the wife seems to think that it is too much $$$$$ even though it will cost more later she doesn't seem to care. Little every month is what I am going to do to break her in like I did with the car I got.

Quote Originally Posted by rmk82nd View Post
    Well I was going to get a good deal on the impeller but it fell through so I will look for an R series now probally. I will take a look at the fizzle and appreciate the help. Now that the impeller fell through what should I look at first the wedge, grate, intake or impeller? I will get all however I look for good deals so I am in no hurry.
    Nobody will EVER go wrong with buying an intake grate as one of (if not, THE) first mod....just make sure to pick one that suits your average riding conditions/preferences ----> flat water, or choppy ass shit......speed gains vs maximum traction.

My first mods were a 14/19R, Riva intake grate and a stainless wear ring. You cannot go wrong with basics like that as "starter parts"
    I cant speak personally about any wedge yet, and im not yet sold on Pro blockoffs-per-cost (jury is still "out" as far as im concerned).

+1
    Go with the grate first! I would then go with the 4" intake, then prop, then wedge. It is what most will do in that order. Throw the OPAS in there after the prop.

Wesley Chapel, FL. Y L Isla Del Encato PR.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    Go with the grate first! I would then go with the 4" intake, then prop, then wedge. It is what most will do in that order. Throw the OPAS in there after the prop.
    Good suggestions.. I did the same ones in the same order.

+1
    Thanks guys will go with the advice. As far as the grate goes I will be riding mainly on a lake however love the ocean so should I go Riva for the smooth lake or Worx for the lake and choppy ocean? I am leaning towards the Worx with girdle for now.

Quote Originally Posted by rmk82nd View Post
    As far as the grate goes I will be riding mainly on a lake however love the ocean so should I go Riva for the smooth lake
    Yea Riva for smooth/light chop! I wouldnt worry about big waves changing your grate....big waves still = smooth water.

Its the nasty rough chop or even just boat chop that will cause you to break loose a lot in traction ---> maybe then use something different than the Riva.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information