Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SOB, WTF and what ever !!!!!!!!!

Hope I don't break any rules here. This is Kevan with new Ultra 300 X and the water leak right out of the crate, first 5 minutes. Just talked to Kawasaki and they told me that it is ok if new 300 leaks water through air intake. The water is not leaking through the air intake. All testing done to find leak is in flat water or on trailer. Service manager at Sky Power Sports, Aron knows this and he has told me that the water is leaking into the hull and he can't find it. He also said water is not leaking into air intake nor coming over the front and going down the steering column. I told Kawasaki that I did the 5 minute idle for break in and parked ski and saw the water in the hull. Roughly about 1 quart. He then proceeds to tell me that it is ok for water to leak into the air intake. I was in flat water going 5 miles an hour for 5 minutes. How can a kawa rep tell me that. I sure would like some help here. I talked to the dealer today about what some people have suggested is the problem, water leaking into hull from speedo sensor cable and silicone. Dealer said they are not authorized by kawa to do that work Call me Kevan 813 909 3129

Quote Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
    Just talked to Kawasaki and they told me that it is ok if new 300 leaks water through air intake.
    WOW!
    Very hard for me to believe that a big company like Kawi would say something like that...
    Did you write down the person's name? That guy should be fired if he really exactly said that IMO!
    As I wrote earlier, it will be very difficult or impossible for Kawi to fix your problem over the phone. Basically it is dealer's responsibility to find/fix the problem and file a warranty claim to Kawi and get paid. I understand your frustration but getting mad at Kawi will NOT fix your problem. What if you call Kawi and persuade them to authorize the dealer to do the speedo sensor plug silicone job? Just an idea....

+1
    surely it cant be that hard to find a leak what about the water fitting hose clamp in front of the s/c (on the cylinder) not head.

+1
    I bought one and did the same thing. I talked to some dip shit at kawasaki and got the run around too. I finally had enough and took mine back .. screw'em. don't have time for their games.

Quote Originally Posted by STX-15FER View Post
    I bought one and did the same thing. I talked to some dip shit at kawasaki and got the run around too. I finally had enough and took mine back .. screw'em. don't have time for their games.
    a 300x? same thing with a mystery water leak? and they actually took it back?

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Your dealer should be the one whom has an interest in fixing this for you. It is a big part of customer service as to what happens AFTER you spend that much money on a product. There is no way Kawi would not authorize the repair with a legit issue such as this so I don't understand the wont authorize deal.
    Sorry to read of your problem. Have you tried running with seats off so you can view where possible water is coming from? I would think if it was speedo sensor leak it would do it when running or not.
    Good luck and keep us informed. Anytime you talk with a factory rep and they give you some bad experience like that please report them to his/her manager. That is very disturbing at best.

I know for a fact that water was not coming in thru the air intakes, as I was there when kevan dropped the ski in the water for the first time. He idled around for a few minutes, then came back to shore. I lifted the seats and pointed out the water in the hull. He was in my view the entire time and never did water even come close to going up thru the air intakes. This was much more than "normal water" as it was almost hitting bottom of the engine.
    And what you dont know is that the Kawi rep told him the conversation was going nowhere and HUNG UP on him. The dealer really tried but just cant see where the leak is coming from. They rode it with seats off, on trailer in water, on hose, filled hull with water, etc. They spent 3 hours that kawi wont pay them for because kawi insists its water over the hull coming in.
    My recommendation to Kevans was:
    a. Drop off ski and give them 7 days to fix.
    b. Demand a new ski.
    c. Demand full refund.

Banned User
    damn mate it must really suck for you having spent all that money on a new ski and not being able to resolve ur issues...try getting ur ski really dry with zero water and there are some devices that can detect water leak, i;ve seen plumbers use it before and it works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by KakaroT View Post
    damn mate it must really suck for you having spent all that money on a new ski and not being able to resolve ur issues...try getting ur ski really dry with zero water and there are some devices that can detect water leak, i;ve seen plumbers use it before and it works like a charm.
    Interesting. Any idea what the devices are?

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    With all due respects the device is called
    EYES & A torch & a mirror

It's simple as looking for it, start were leaks have already been found
    The speedo wiring area at the rear of the hull.

Dry the water out sit it in the water , if it leaks it not going to be that hard
    Take it home put fresh water in the hull and look for the drip on the outside of the hull.

Start their, works for me

Waz

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information