polaris x 45 spark issues

Hello my name is mike i am the owner of worldwind motorsports in antioch il ,i am also a noob to the site, thank you for having me and letting me share my situation. I have a 1999 poalris x45 after running fo 10 min or so, once you shut off you lose spark i have ran every test and my battery is new i have unpluged all systems and have isolated it to the red/purple wire at the cdi box if you unplug this wire it will start every time. i am pulling my hair out with this! i have no broken or melted wires i am nt triping the circut breaker i never lose power to any of the wires including the brown to stator. lol i rode the unit yesterday and now it wont duplicate so it is intermittent. any help would be great it would save me money not seeing my shrink this week

+1
    Welcome to Green Hulk !

I have verified that exact problem.
    Polaris has a Service message, to relocate the red/pur over to the Orange terminal.

It seems the "updated style CDI" will not, kinda reboot and get ready to restart without unplugging the red/pur than reconnecting it.

The orange wires only have power when running-cranking, from the LR module, this does the kinda "reboot" to get it to restart.

Quote Originally Posted by casey67 View Post
    Welcome to Green Hulk !

I have verified that exact problem.
    Polaris has a Service message, to locate the red/pur over to the Orange terminal.

It seems the "updated style CDI" will not, kinda reboot and get ready to restart without unplugging the red/pur than reconnecting it.

The orange wires only have power when running-cranking, from the LR module, this does the kinda "reboot" to get it to restart.

This will almost definitely fix your problem.

x45

i want to thank you for youre advise, that sounds perfect it will reboot the system when it shuts down. thank you again

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by worldwind View Post
    i want to thank you for your advice, that sounds perfect it will reboot the system when it shuts down. thank you again
    Welcome to the Hulk

The applicable Service Bulletin is PWC-00-05, which fixes the no warm restart problem.

All the technical details can be found through my signature links, along with lots of other useful info.

The short answer is to move the Red/Purple wire coming out from the CDI, and only that Red/Purple wire, to the Orange terminals. The CDI will now be powered by the LR module (which also powers the bilge pump). The LR module itself must be working properly, of course.

Thread Information