Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: wear ring

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canton, GA
    Posts
    103

    wear ring

    this is my first time with replacing the wear ring on my 05 rxp..i got the old one out with the prop still in using the freezer method..my question is how the hell does the new get in ..thanks in advance


  2. #2
    Fastest in my cove sfackett0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sparrows Point, MD (near the Key Bridge)
    Posts
    1,000
    +1
    22
    Need to freeze both. I used a 1' piece of 2x4 and a rubber hammer to get the new ones in. Shouldn't need much force tho.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canton, GA
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by sfackett0 View Post
    Need to freeze both. I used a 1' piece of 2x4 and a rubber hammer to get the new ones in. Shouldn't need much force tho.
    ok..i only put the new ring in the freezer because the old one fell right out didnt put the pump in..now the new ring should almost fall right in, but wouldnt the blades on the prop stop the ring from going in because it doesnt have any groves or anything, and also should i put anything on the outside of the ring to keep it from moving?

  4. #4
    MSRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central MS
    Posts
    5,448
    +1
    7
    Just lay the pump flat on a padded surface.... Get your 'special tool' i.e. a 2x4 and lay it across the new ring and take a heavy hammer and knock the t-total shit out of it dead center. it should go in. Once it gets seated, keep knocking the shit out of it. Pretending it's your boss or something. It will miss the blades..

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canton, GA
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    Just lay the pump flat on a padded surface.... Get your 'special tool' i.e. a 2x4 and lay it across the new ring and take a heavy hammer and knock the t-total shit out of it dead center. it should go in. Once it gets seated, keep knocking the shit out of it. Pretending it's your boss or something. It will miss the blades..
    i like the that method MSRXP,and have done it once or twice now,but the blades are stopping it from going in there trying to cut grooves in it.is that normal and should i just keep hitin it till it goes? also the ring is blue not white does that matter?

  6. #6
    Swedish Viking Craigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,367
    +1
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG E View Post
    i like the that method MSRXP,and have done it once or twice now,but the blades are stopping it from going in there trying to cut grooves in it.is that normal and should i just keep hitin it till it goes? also the ring is blue not white does that matter?
    Get a 12mm hex and an impeller spline tool and remove the impeller - then freeze the new wear ring, insert it into the pump and re-install the impeller.

  7. #7
    MSRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central MS
    Posts
    5,448
    +1
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigo View Post
    Get a 12mm hex and an impeller spline tool and remove the impeller - then freeze the new wear ring, insert it into the pump and re-install the impeller.
    Or you could do that..... I just like my method as I have had no issues with it. I have the 12mm and prop tool. I just prefer the banging it in versus freezing. I can have a new ring in withing 15 mins with prop removal.

    Freezing shit takes to damn long..... I like to ride more than I work on it. Just a personal preference. Some would rather spend all day.... Not me.....


    WHAT PART NUMBER IS ON THE SIDE OF THE BOX? IT MIGHT BE THE WRONG RING!!! SHOULD BE 267000105 (I think that it is this one) or 267000372 (old one). If it is not that number it is the wrong ring. The dealer has a habit of not being able to READ very well.. The ones I get are white and have always been white even the ones that I order from Jerry. That part number is the superceded part number and the most current I just can't remember which one.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canton, GA
    Posts
    103
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0026.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	109.2 KB 
ID:	238028 is this normal for the blades to do this when putting in the ring (cutting into the ring)

  9. #9
    Swedish Viking Craigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,367
    +1
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    Freezing shit takes to damn long..... I like to ride more than I work on it. Just a personal preference. Some would rather spend all day.... Not me.....
    Yeah I know, but I usually spend a couple days freezing my wear ring - 'cause I don't mind losing a bunch of riding time and would rather work on my ski than ride it. It's just my personal preference.

    ---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by BIG E View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0026.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	109.2 KB 
ID:	238028 is this normal for the blades to do this when putting in the ring (cutting into the ring)
    No. That doesn't look right.

  10. #10
    Put you whole pump in the Freezer....Pull the old ring out and turn it around and put it back in again...Then you can use your old ring Twice....Took me about 15mins to get it cold enough to pull out....Missus not to happy though...Your prop scores just of centre of the ring so you can get 2 uses out of it...Yeah take the prop out too....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. TIP - Bar Extensions and Wear Ring Info
    By MikeTrin in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-19-2007, 03:05 PM
  2. stainless steel wear ring
    By shortee in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-18-2005, 09:36 PM
  3. wear ring damage
    By INDY27 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-25-2005, 08:41 PM
  4. wear ring removal
    By watermedic in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-18-2005, 09:12 AM
  5. wear ring
    By nitro rxp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 05:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •