2002 GTX 4-Tec Engine Installation Driveshaft Snap Ring Tool.....AND Alignment Tool

Looking at putting in an SBT block on my 2002 GTX 4-Tec here in the next few weeks. Are there any other options other than going to the dealer to have the engine aligned with the driveshaft and also the snap ring tool? I know these tool can be purchased NEW but are there any used one floating around or is there access to rental tools for this?

Thanks in advance

York, PA
    First of all, did you already purchase the SBT block? From most of what I've read you're lucky to get a season out of an SBT block... If you already have hopefully you can prove that wrong. SBT "sells" the alignment tool, but you can get up to 50% back roughly if you ship it back to them within 30 days I think. Then you get less and less the longer it takes for you ship it back. Obviously you can just keep the tool if you so choose. You don't need all that sea-doo crap to get the driveshaft in and out you just need an extra set of hands to mess with the floating ring and circlip while the other person bullies the driveshaft around from the pump area.

I have 5 years on an SBT 4-Tec SC 185hp motor with no problems. I would expect the naturally aspirated motor to hold up just as well. Personally, I can't complain about the motor I recieved from them one bit.

Thanks for the tips, I will have to look into the alignment tool rental and try to figure out something with the snap ring on the shaft.

Any other good/bad SBT stories?

I have had really good luck with a wide range of SBT products, actually much better luck with SBT stuff than OEM stuff...

You will hear a lot of SBT bashing, but it is almost always "I have heard, from a friend of a friend, etc." instead of actual experience. They have a great warranty; go with the 2-year warranty if you haven't already.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1 me too

Thread Information