Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Speedfreaks Nose Cone: back-to-back test results here

Okay I finally got around to doing this test. Granted, this is no back-to-back test of some Rude charger etc....just a lil investigation into what a whopping $30 for more top speed would actually produce, lol (complete results with smileys!)

I woke up this morning at 3am in order to collect my stuff and drag my ass 30 minutes out to the lake - just to test this $30 speed item by sunrise, haha (I did all this just for my guys here in Greenhulk! ).
    The reason for sunrise tests were to squeeze my best speeds with the cooler morning air - I didnt want to waste all this effort on the afternnon with upper 90s air temps and wind/ boat chop.

Test conditions with 05 RXP (NO nose cone vs Speedfreaks nose cone):
    Sunrise @ mid 70s air temp and mid 60s water temp. Slight breeze outside and the water had VERY slight ripple/gentle rolls to it.
    Less than 1/2 tank @ 4 bars of fuel with 165lb driver.
    NO Nose Cone:
    Because of the ever-so-slight "chop", I made PLENTY of passes to try and get a solid reading with no bouncing from the ski. After whipping the RXP in the ass a bunch of times my best speed finally came in at 77.8. But, just before coming in to do the swap, I managed to pull off a 78.1. I knew I couldnt do better than that, so then I came in for the swap.

With Speedfreaks Cone - 45min later:
    Same water conditions and sun is up, but not quite warmer yet (6-6:30am now).
    NO additional fuel yet, so Im at 2-3 bars fuel now (from 3-4).
    With my very first pass, I immediately rip off a 78.3
    I continued to beat the hell out of the throttle like a jockey racing a horse, but couldnt do anything better than 78.3.
    I'm now on fumes and fill back up to 3-4 bars. immediately Im back out and drive a few miles away into some cove-type spots for some TRUE flat water ("superman" style shit where Im sure all the fishermen were loving me! ). I'm sure one guy tried to grab me with his hook! With my usual safe and polite distance from the fishermen, I continue there with some true, flat passes at full tilt on the throttle and me hanging on with nothing but fingernails and toenails. Nothing better than my 78.3 max as with the very first pull with the cone installed. Im getting down to 2 bars/and less @ full superman pose
    Just before I give up and crawl a few miles back to the dock on empty, I grab a 78.4 and call it a wrap
    So there it is, the Speedfreaks cone gave me a solid .2mph more with enough proof to even call it .3 total. Not too shabby for $30

Okay, Cliff's Notes:
    77.8 --> 78.1 ----> INSTALL CONE ----> FIRST PASS, BAM 78.3 ---> GAS UP ---> TRUE FLAT WATER = 78.4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7216MOD.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	238073  

+1
    I installed one with my winter mods. Wasn't really sure if I gained anything from it but this is proof that it does. I did notice that I had some vibration before and now that is gone. Great piece for $30 and great writeup!

Quote Originally Posted by MacDaddy_rxpx View Post
    I installed one with my winter mods. Wasn't really sure if I gained anything from it but this is proof that it does. I did notice that I had some vibration before and now that is gone. Great piece for $30 and great writeup!
    Thanks.....and yes, i did forget to mention that with all my focus on riding style for best pull, I cant quite say that I felt anything in the butt dyno after the swap. I can tell when I make a decent max speed pass in general, but considering this swap and my focus on a perfect pass = just not sure if its something that can be felt. Could be just a "GPS mod" for us all

+1
    Up at 3 a.m. now thats dedication. Good right up.

Oh, and nice truck.

Attachment 238115

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Nice Wheels!

Awsome ride up, thanks for posting, I definatly installing one.

[QUOTE=troyheb;1688205]Up at 3 a.m. now thats dedication. Good right up.

Oh, and nice truck.

Yep.....started at 3am to get there by sunrise And thanks.....its all Icon suspension and i couldnt have picked a better looking tire!!

+1
    HA! what some people will do to get attention! Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Project_X View Post
    Awsome ride up, thanks for posting,
    Cool....you're welcome

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    HA! what some people will do to get attention! Good job!

? ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blkturbo! View Post
    Cool....you're welcome

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

? ?
    Sorry, meant "good test".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information