Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need some help X Charger install

So I got an X charger and I am going to install it. A few questions now that I have the old one out...
    1. They are the same part number? The wheels look different as you can see from the pictures below, but did I have an X charger before (I bought the ski used)
    2. The charger I took out has gold washers I assume they have been changed when they put the new motor in about 20 hours ago. I am not sure though so I took pics not really sure what ceramic washers even look like.
    3. The charger I took out had an oil hole and it is not plugged my X charger has the oil hole plugged, what should I do about that?
    First pic old charger washers second pic X charger washers third pic old charger wheel fourth pic X charger wheel
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Old Charger Washers.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	238102Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Charger Washers.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	238100Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Old Charger Wheel.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	238101Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Charger wheel.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	238103

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by race24x View Post
    So I got an X charger and I am going to install it. A few questions now that I have the old one out...
    1. They are the same part number? The wheels look different as you can see from the pictures below, but did I have an X charger before (I bought the ski used)
    2. The charger I took out has gold washers I assume they have been changed when they put the new motor in about 20 hours ago. I am not sure though so I took pics not really sure what ceramic washers even look like.
    3. The charger I took out had an oil hole and it is not plugged my X charger has the oil hole plugged, what should I do about that?
    First pic old charger washers second pic X charger washers third pic old charger wheel fourth pic X charger wheel
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Old Charger Washers.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	238102Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Charger Washers.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	238100Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Old Charger Wheel.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	238101Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Charger wheel.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	238103
    The washers are fine. They are new updated riva washers and it definatly looks like an x charger to me. Was the slip checked? People run with that hole pluged or unpluged doesn't matter, mine is open. bolt it up and ride brotha!!! you'll know it's an x when you pull the trigger lol.

+1
    The wheel on the left looks like the 215 sc. Wheel on the right looks like the x-charger wheel.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by krouchchocolate View Post
    The wheel on the left looks like the 215 sc. Wheel on the right looks like the x-charger wheel.

Correct, the wheel on the left is a 215 HP Scer..the one on the right is an X...LEAVE the oil holes open..do not plug them...if you notice oil in your Scer it is not because of the oil hole..it is the front seal,youll have to replace it with a new Viton seal from Jerry..

I hope its the other way around the one on the bottom row is supposed to be the X charger the wheel inside looks thinner and the nut protrouds from the wheel. My old charger the nut sat down in and the fins on the wheel look thicker and heavier.
    Also can I take the plug out of the oil hole it is already plugged with a allen head of some sort.
    It also has had the slip checked and had the Viton seal upgrade. I am hoping to get to try it tomorrow woot woot

Moderated
    a word of advice....always do a full rebuild on a sc if you buy it second hand....its just not worth the risk of not doing it.....dont ask me how i know

The guy I got it from did it all set the slip washers viton seal etc

Moderated
    The guy I got it from did it all set the slip washers viton seal etc
    that is not a rebuild.

a rebuild is replacing all the wearable parts.....you do it using an 08 rebuild kit, this replaces the shaft, bearings, seals etc...and as the guys said above, use a viton seal not the OEM one as they leak in high boost applications which can cause touch down.

In the picture the washer does say Riva 08 I will have to ask about a full rebuild, I am pretty sure he told me it had a full rebuild and it was low hours as well...

Moderated
    In the picture the washer does say Riva 08 I will have to ask about a full rebuild, I am pretty sure he told me it had a full rebuild and it was low hours as well...
    every charger for sale on here is advertised as low hour, just rebuilt lol.

is it true, i highly doubt it in most cases but hey thats just me.

at the end of the day, its your ski and your motor but if an sc lets go , it can take out your motor and costs 1000"s to rebuild....a sc rebuld costs about 300.....which one do you want to pay the cost of...?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information