Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

got my skis today woot

and neither ran.......lol

well the 96 slx i think he left the gas on the engine was flooded something serious omg some people amaze me i bring it back home new plugs blah blah blah other than the carbs everything was fine it already had upgraded fuel lines ocean pro spark arrestors pto cylinder had crap for compression like 50psi

got it running forgot to charge the batery took it back to the lake down from my house battery dead so she's on the trickle right now

now my big problem is the 95 seadoo spx damn thing surges then bogs till i release the throttle release the throttle squeeze it again it takes off again then just before it gets on plane it bogs again its very well taken care of also little dirty you can tell they have had every ounce of fun rung out of them

so thoughts on the doo ??? probably be going through the carbs later in the week fully

+1
    The polaris you have major problems with, start tearing it down... the seadoo just needs the fuel lines replaced if they are grey, a fuel filter and a carb rebuild, you'll be amazed.

Don't ride the Polaris the way it is, it will blow up worse.

compression should always be within 5 pounds of each other... bad news!

Make sure you have clean gas, if is sitting with the previous gas in it... no wonder you aren't running right! Get some new plugs too.

yup thats what i'm thinking after reading all night that its just the carbs had to pull the fuel sending unit last night and try to find the magnet on the seadoo

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Correct, don't run the 780 like that. The PTO supplies the fuel pump with a signal. If the compression on the PTO is low, the fuel pressure will be low too. low fuel pressure = bad news.

Pull the head and see what's going on with the compression.

DO NOT RIDE IT LIKE THAT.

yeah i will im pulling the carbs this week when im not at work ill post plenty of pics should be pretty fun can't wait these things are too easy to work on not like a motorcycle

so question

3 pistons and rings or 1 piston and rings or can i get by with just rings if the piston doesn't look too scarred up

mag and center were both 135

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

standard or hone it out 25 over?

+1
    When removing the carbs, it helps to have a stubby 12mm wrench. You need to reach under the carbs to remove the 6 nuts.

Not a bad idea to place a towel under them to catch anything that falls. You'll soon find out that anything you drop will slide under the engine and be a PITA to get. (magnets to help alot for this though)

Also don't forget to disconnect the oil pump linkage from the plastic connector before lifting the carbs off the intake manifold.

It's all just guessing util you see what you have to work with. But if you can get away with only a re-ring, go for it.

Otherwise 1 piston is fine too. It gets quite costly to do all 3 pistons VS 1. Esp. if you have 135 on 2 of the 3.

Having 1 piston slightly larger than the other 2 isn't going to hurt anything if you need to go oversized on the PTO.

gotcha good i'd rather do all three but im not out trying to wring every last ounce of power out of them were just cruisiing the lake with them with our kiddos on with us she fires right up i'll see how much i can get done this week and see what the piston and sleeve look like

hopefully i can just hone it out and slap some new rings in it im at work again so here comes 24 hours of questions again sorry

i also read a thread about opening up the mfd and now i can't seem to find it i hate it when they ultrasonically weld plastic

next question whats the best way to clean out the bilge just degreaser and elbow grease or can i use a power washer kind of a funny question but is there anything other than the f/a, ecu box i need to cover up or not spray im not a fan of power washers but it looks like it might help on these two if its a bad idea then i'll just go old school

+1
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...cal-Fuji/page2

What's wrong with the MFD? Just faded numbers?

Yeah, just wrap up the elec box and cover up the carb openings. Everything else should be sealed air tight.

Here's a tip: pour some cleaners into the hull, then take the ski while on the trailer down a bumpy road to splash it all around. Then go to the local do it yourself car wash and pressure wash the hull.

Use a good mildew remover, a degreaser, and some even use bleach. BE careful not to inhale the fumes from your cleaning solution concoction!!!!!!!

Banned User
    +1
    I just cut open an MFD today. Definitely cut it where the green arrow in the linked thread from Xlint is. I did one the first way last year, cutting between the clear and black plastic. What a pain. Cutting behind the lip is really easy and much safer. I think I had this one fixed in about 20 minutes today, as opposed to taking an hour to get the case open the first time I did it. I cleaned all the contacts with denatured alcohol and a clean white cloth, and all works well now. If you are nervous about that, I could possibly do it for you.

As Far as cleaning the bilge, I just used some tilex with bleach, works great on mold and mildew. For the grease, any kind of a water based degreaser should do the trick. I use the degreaser with a scrub brush and then I pull the drain plug, tip the front of the trailer up and go nuts with a garden hose. Just keep it away from the engine intake and electrical box and all should work well. Then as the last step I just wash it all out with dawn dish soap and it ends up pretty clean.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information