Pole rider and couch speed freak!

FZR help.....more speed needed

Hey guys,
    I've got a 2010 FZR with the Riva ribbon removal kit, ff exhaust, and power filter kit. It also has the r&d grate. It radars slow at 68. The mods woke it up but radar numbers seem slow. I got spanked by an ultra 300 this weekend and need to make sure that won't happen again.
    What's next? I'd like to be in the low to mid 70s. I also don't want to have to send in my ecu if I can help it, due to down time. I know it needs more prop but I'm trying to do it once, so I've been waiting for these additional mods before re-pitching.
    Any suggestions are appreciated. I did read the database but I'm not familiar with all the mods and abbreviations.
    Thanks in advance!

+1
    R&D can do a reflash between weekends if you're willing to pay for the cost of overnight shipping. Ship out Monday & have it back Friday. Takes less than 15 mins to pull or reinstall the ECU.
    Might look at getting a VX plate w/ Jims mod. Typically good for at least 2 mph. I'm not certain, but I'd bet Jerry would be willing to ship the plate directly to Jims for the mod and then have Jim ship the modded plate to you to speed up the process. You'll also want to upgrade the intercooler at some point.

All items are available from Jerry's store. I'd post store links but I'm headed to the lake myself right now.

+1
    If you want low to mid 70's I would say get probably a RIVA B1 or R&D C3 supercharger impeller and a boost clamp but you would probably be happier with a reflash. If you don't know what parts these are later when I get on my computer I will post the links. Oh and I noticed you have some basic mods left out. Like the intake grate and ride plate. Try R&D's I've heard some good reviews about there handling products.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly_A View Post
    R&D can do a reflash between weekends if you're willing to pay for the cost of overnight shipping. Ship out Monday & have it back Friday. Takes less than 15 mins to pull or reinstall the ECU.
    Might look at getting a VX plate w/ Jims mod. Typically good for at least 2 mph. I'm not certain, but I'd bet Jerry would be willing to ship the plate directly to Jims for the mod and then have Jim ship the modded plate to you to speed up the process. You'll also want to upgrade the intercooler at some point.

All items are available from Jerry's store. I'd post store links but I'm headed to the lake myself right now.

+1 reflash or modded vx plate will give you nice gains. IMO right now your leaving speed on the table with the stock prop. I picked up over 1mph with a skat prop vs the stock prop.... and I'm down 250 rpms with the skat so that number will increase when I repitch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    If you want low to mid 70's I would say get probably a RIVA B1 or R&D C3 supercharger impeller and a boost clamp but you would probably be happier with a reflash. If you don't know what parts these are later when I get on my computer I will post the links. Oh and I noticed you have some basic mods left out. Like the intake grate and ride plate. Try R&D's I've heard some good reviews about there handling products.
    I agree, keep the SC stock if you want mid 70s. There skis out there doing 80 on stock boost and reprogremed ECUs

I totally agree with the prop. I noticed the increase in mid-range and top end. However, I'm not totally happy on the hole-shot. I do get a small amount of cavitation on the hole-shot with my Solas 13/22R Impeller. I also have Jim's VX modded plate, but I haven't tried it out yet. I am hoping to test it this weekend and I will let you know the gains....hoping on 3 mph over stock ride plate. Did the 300x beat you in the midrange, or just on the top end?

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I gained 2mph from the VX plate Unmodded!

I have....1. ribbon removed, 2. free exhaust mod 3. R&D powerfilter 4. R&D grate and plugs and the VX ride plate I see 71 mph from my 69 before the VX.....I also repitched the stock prop to get me off limiter. That was in substandard conditions still hitting limiter

Thread Information