Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1996 zxi 1100 trim and guages wont work

i have a 1996 zxi 1100 jetski the trim/guages wont work this year when i got it out.the trim box inside looks brank new and everything else is in very good shap(no corrosion).when i hit the trim button i hear a click sound in a control box.can anybody help me?????

+1
    Perhaps the cable has gotten corroded. I can't remember exactly how it goes together, but I remember that it's a royal pain to remove the cable from the motor box. Not sure if there is any kind of clutch in it, perhaps the clicking you hear is the gear teeth jumping. Try operating the trim with the cover off the box and see if the worm gear is turning.

There should be a rubber bellows seal on the back to seal out water. Make sure it's there and in good shape.

Sorry I cannot be of any help I am looking into buying my first ski. I am looking at a 1998 ZXI 1100 this weekend and the owner said the trim doesn't work. It would be great if you could let me know what you find out since I am 90% sure I am going to buy this one. Thanks

the click is in the electronic box on the right side in the upper corner under the steering wheel but above the trim box and the wires out of that go to the trim box also remember the guages are all out,cable moves free and the insde of the trim box looks brand new and billow seals are good.the inside of this ski looks brand new,no corrosion any were.any other ideas,that for you help,rick

im trying to get answers but i heard the trim and guages not working are a common problem but just didnt find the right fix yet.thanks,rick

+1
    That sounds like the run relay clicking. As I understand it, when the engine starts, the run relay enables power to the other circuits of the boat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kawi1100.jpg 
Views:	4022 
Size:	8.2 KB 
ID:	239023
    I will pick my New to Me jet ski up on Wednesday. If I find anything out regarding my trim I will let you know.

+1
    the trim is known to go in the zxis the boots on the trim cables fall off and water finds its way into the trim housing. best bet is do like i did and remove the housing and hot wire the motor in the trim unit and see if the motor it self is still working. sometimes if its just the motor you can clean and lube the motor and it can work. If the motor works its prolly the CONTROL UNIT-ELECTRON. I spent a lot of time trouble shooting the unit and money getting the trim working. I cant find the trouble shoot paper work but will look more tomorrow.
    If it is the electron unit its almost not worth fixing because it is expensive. If i was to do it over i would find where the trim was good all around and just make it in a fixed position.

I have a 96 900 and my gauges and trim don't work either ! Butt idont get a clicking ! If you find out how to fix please let me know

+1
    Take a look at all the plug-in connectors. The Kawasaki plugs are not really very waterproof. I've found a number of them with corroded pins, particularly the power wire. Pull them apart and inspect with a lighted magnifier.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information