Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned User

05 motor into a 06 rxt what to do to make it work

so i'm puttin an 05 motor into my 06 rxt due to blown my 06 motor so i wanna know what to do to run the 05 motor using the 06 harness , ecu etc..

NEW UPDATE..

i swap the motor and when to test the ski and the dip stick kept popin out i try 4 different dip stick to make sure it was nothin wrong with the dip stick and samethin is like strong compression comin out the dip stick , i used all the 06 covers as was told only thing 05 is the long block and manifold is the a oil sensor or oil pressure switch i need to change
    Last edited by shortii_trk; 06-01-2011 at 08:43 AM.

+1

little help

Hi there,

There are some things you have to keep in mind. Use the PTO cover and the other side to fill from you're 06. The crankshaft sensor position is different and the EGR system on the filler side too.

The pin in the crankshaft for your toothed wheel is different, so compare those two and you have to drill a hole so that the toothed wheel is excactly the same as on your 06 crankshaft. Otherwise your engine will not start and throw you a code.

Hope this will help

Banned User
    i change the covers put where exacly do i have to drill a hole does that means i have to pulled out the motor for this cause i already started puttin the new motor in

Yeah, you'll have to pull the motor back out, you'll also need a PTO cover gasket, and a set of flywheel bolts as you'll be removing/replacing the PTO cover, and the flywheel bolts are one time use only.

1) Crank Trigger Wheel locator pin - As stated above, pull the PTO cover & re-clock the trigger wheel position. You can do this by either drilling a second locator pin hole in the Trigger wheel, or by just removing the locator pin from the crank, see crank comparison image below for where to position the trigger wheel. Basically just turn it two flywheel bolt hole alignments counter clockwise.

2) PTO Cover/Crank position Sensor - Replace PTO cover with an 06+ style one, or Drill out the 06 style Crank position sensor bung in the 05 PTO cover, install 06 type sensor, and remove 02-05 style sensor. I'm still working on how to clock the trigger wheel, and maintain the 05 Crank position sensor location. But at first glance I don't think It's going to be practical, as you will most likely have to re-drill all of the flywheel bolt holes in the trigger wheel.

3) Front Oil Pump - Replace 02-05 style front oil pump with 06+ style oil pump. Or modify 05 front oil pump by removing the front oil pressure sensor & plugging the hole.

4) Tops System - If you changed to an 06+ style oil pump, then remove the camshaft end cap cover on the head, and install an 06+ style tops breather and your all set. If you kept the 02-05 style front oil pump the tops system is now non-functional, as the breather wont close if you flip your ski. This wont throw a code, and isn't really a big deal unless you have a major problem of flipping your ski upside down a LOT. If you really just MUST have the tops system functional you can either rig the solenoid directly to the upside down sensor on the mpem, or plug the breather on the front oil pump, and install the 06+ style breather as described above.

And that should do it! I feel like I'm forgetting something, but I'm pretty sure thats it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crank trigger pin posistions.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	238186  

+1
    Do you have the 05 PTO cover? using it is the way to go. Also the 06 is the only year with a normally open oil pressure switch use the 06 instead of the 05 and your good to go. I would also use the 06 oil breather system much simpler.

So the oil pressure sensor under the intake manifold is different on 06 models? I just checked the part numbers, and it shows they are all the same from 04-05, and 06-10 Not doubting you, just want to understand correctly.

Banned User
    Wow I see I have a lot of work to do and yes I have both complte motors

Quote Originally Posted by shortii_trk View Post
    Wow I see I have a lot of work to do and yes I have both complte motors
    In that case it should be pretty simple for you. Swap PTO covers, front oil pumps, and TOPS Breather, re-clock the Crank trigger wheel and your set.

+1
    It is possible that 06-10 are all NO but looking at the electrical schematics it says 08 is NC it may be a misprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by boostaholic View Post
    So the oil pressure sensor under the intake manifold is different on 06 models? I just checked the part numbers, and it shows they are all the same from 04-05, and 06-10 Not doubting you, just want to understand correctly.

+1
    08 diagram.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2009Sea-dooServiceManual_0001.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	238280  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information