PWC cradle for a floating boat dock

I have a floating boat dock with a 12ft by 12ft swim platform that lowers into the water like a standard boat lift. I want to store my two jetskis on the platform and be able to launch and recover them from the platform when it is lowered into the water. I initially attached two bunks to the floor of the platform and that worked fine for a single ski. Just lower the platform into the water and float the ski off. This year I have a second ski. Now I need a bunk system that will allow me to launch either one or both of the skis independently. I am thinking some kind of design where the ski is floated onto the bunks and then a lever raises the front or maybe rear of the bunks enough to lift the ski out of the water enough to keep it on the bunks while the other ski on the other set of bunks is still free to launch and recover.

Anyone have any ideas?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    How about installing a pair of floating PWC Docks on top of your platform. Mount them so they float above the platform when lowered.

Actually I had considered that but I would not let them float I would mount them to the platform and lower the platform to where the skis would be able to slid off and on independently. But they are pretty expensive and it seems like overkill when there is probably a simpler less expensive option available. Thanks for the response. I have even considered finding two old pwc trailers and cutting the tongues, fenders, suspensions etc off then hinging the front of the frame to the platform and creating some kind of lever and block to raise and lower the back ends of the frames. Or maybe just weld up something similar a rectangular frame with bunks, hinged to the platform on one end.

+1
    If you would always take the same ski out when only one is going to be ridden just mount one set of bunks higher than the other. Lower enough to float just the one.
    If the lone ski would vary just use a couple straps on the one you don't want to float.
    I wish I had a lake house...

Thread Information