Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FZR Guages.

+1

FZR Guages.

Hey everyone. I'm planning on putting some gauges on my ski and I would like to know what you'll think. The two main gauges I'll be putting on for sure is a boost gauge and AFR gauge. I'm going to be buying the lid with the gauges cut out from the store and that where I'll be mounting them.
    I already have my LC-1 that hooks up to my Vi-PEC ECU but still just wanted a gauge to monitor my AFR's on the go. Since we ride in direct sunlight I was wondering which colour of the DB Guage I should go with. The red :
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...tomotive&psc=1
    Or the blue :
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...tomotive&psc=1
    Which on of these are easier to see in direct sunlight, and for those of you that have used these gauges, do they stand up to the harsh conditions we PWC owners throw at them ?

My next question now about the boost gauges. I like the liquid filled autometer gauges but the gauge that is liquid filled is only coming in 2 5/16":
    http://www.amazon.com/Auto-Meter-460...=3KQR1CPFH2JAB and the DB gauge is coming in 2 1/16". I saw they had a 2 1/16" boost gauge:
    http://www.amazon.com/Auto-Meter-430...878643&sr=1-12 but it's not liquid filled.

Have any of you'll ever seen a 2 1/16" liquid filled boost gauge, if so let me know.
    So I'm open to all suggestions, should I go with the 2 5/16" liquid filled boost gauge or are the liquid filled gauges not really needed and just go with the normal 2 1/16" gauge ?
    And should I go with the blue or red AFR gauge or any other AFR gauge ?
    Thank You.

+1
    Hi Dude,

Yeah the autometer liquid filled gauges are good as they are fully waterproof and never fail but i have found them to be very inaccurate.

There non liquid filled gauges are more accurate but you need to silicone them up to stop water getting in.

I have tried Dynotune electrical gauges as well and the wiring is a nightmare to try and keep going and forever failing. The worst by far!

So im not really too sure which is the best to go for but if i had to choose one again it would be the non liquid filled and make it waterproof.

As far as AFR gauges go i have been using AEM AFR gauges in the past and they have been very good. I think they are around $230 and def worth the money. Only problem is that you have to buy AEM sensors as that gauge is only calibrated for their sensors.

+1
    Have you used the non liquid filled ones a PWC before ? I was thinking that those gauges would be bouncing around a whole lot because of the amount of vibrations we get on a PWC.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    Have you used the non liquid filled ones a PWC before ? I was thinking that those gauges would be bouncing around a whole lot because of the amount of vibrations we get on a PWC.
    Yeah i have used them heaps and nah they dont bounce around at all.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rick xp View Post
    Yeah i have used them heaps and nah they dont bounce around at all.
    Thanks alot man. This actually works out even better because these gauges come in the size I want them. and by chance since you have so much experience with gauges do you know which colour is easier to see in direct sunlight, blue or red ?

+1
    Nah i cant remember dude.

I always get the white faced autometer gauge with the red needle.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rick xp View Post
    Nah i cant remember dude.

I always get the white faced autometer gauge with the red needle.
    Thanks alot man.

Any other suggestions on what guages I should get ??

ive heard the boost gauges without the liquid in them after a while go bad in the pwc since it has so much vibration after a while the needle becomes loose and eventually ull have to end up replacing it, my friend has the liquid 1 and its been accurate so far maybe theres some defective 1s but i think for the most part the liquid would b better

+1
    TTT

I had a autometer non liquid boost gauge and hated it. I ride in the ocean most of the time, rarely do i see nice water and couldnt read the thing. Even in flat conditions the needle would bounce. Switched to the 2 5/8 liquid filled gauge and love it. Bigger, easier to see and the needle is nice and steady.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information