F-12, rough idle-> battery light-> now won't start

So I bought this ski and tried to run it for the first time today I put it on the hose started it and the idle would surge then die. I didn't want the hose to keep running with the ski off ( i know thats a bad practice) so I put the ski in the water and started it at 1k idle the there seemed to be a loud vibration and once the idle raised up above 1500 the "unbalanced" sound went away but the ski still died out after 1 minute or so. After doing this for about 15 minutes as i cranked the ski over it would sputter not start then the battery alarm would go off. I checked the air filter, it seemed good, I pulled the plugs and it seems they look to be on the rich side with only the electrode and contact point kind of white. Any ideas of what this could be?

I build Horsepower
    +1
    Change the plugs anyway, report back.

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by NitroShark View Post

Shawn

Will do, I just ordered them from race-mart $9.82 a plug, even with the $10 shipping its still cheaper than the 19.99 my local honda dealer wanted to charge me.

+1
    I get mine from Advanced Auto Parts for less than $11 each.

Quote Originally Posted by JRINJAX View Post
    I get mine from Advanced Auto Parts for less than $11 each.

I dint think we have "advanced auto" in nj I know we have "advance" auto. I looked tho plugs up on their site last night and they didn't even list them

+1
    They are under a NGK number like 6544 or something. The Model is IMR9D-9H.

Quote Originally Posted by NitroShark View Post

Shawn
    so I just got my new plugs, only took 2 weeks from Race-mart ( can you sense the sarcasm?)

Anyway I tried to start the ski to see if i would start on the old plugs and of course it didn't. I installed the new plugs and noticed #2 was the only wet plug. I installed all for and she fired right up!

I wasn't on the hose so I only ran it for about 15-25 seconds but it was like night and day. I'm going to drop it in the water this weekend and see how it is under a load.

this is my first honda (my 4th PWC) Is there anything I should know before i hit the 58degree water? I sank my rxp last May and would like to keep this one above water lol.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by robby212 View Post
    so I just got my new plugs, only took 2 weeks from Race-mart ( can you sense the sarcasm?)

Anyway I tried to start the ski to see if i would start on the old plugs and of course it didn't. I installed the new plugs and noticed #2 was the only wet plug. I installed all for and she fired right up!

I wasn't on the hose so I only ran it for about 15-25 seconds but it was like night and day. I'm going to drop it in the water this weekend and see how it is under a load.

this is my first honda (my 4th PWC) Is there anything I should know before i hit the 58degree water? I sank my rxp last May and would like to keep this one above water lol.
    You need to replace the plastic cable nuts inside the pump area above the ride plate or your Honda might sink too. There is a guy on Ebay that makes CNC aluminum replacement nuts to stop the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by JRINJAX View Post
    You need to replace the plastic cable nuts inside the pump area above the ride plate or your Honda might sink too. There is a guy on Ebay that makes CNC aluminum replacement nuts to stop the problem.
    Good Looking out bro, I'll pick some up asap!

Thread Information