05-09-2011, 05:37 PM #1
Mudbug must be postponed this year
Guys, I really hate making this post, but due to the extreme flooding expected in our area Mudbug must be postponed until a later date.
I spoke to Leroy Gros yesterday and he urged that we do this. If he and the other residents aren't fighting off flood waters they will be cleaning up from the aftermath of the flood. He recommended second weekend of July or later in July. We're just going to have to play it by ear.
The government has already opened up the Bonnet Carre spillway today as Billy witnessed today. The real bad news comes for us when they open up the Morganza Spillway which is planned to happen on Thursday.
Fortunately we will be fine at my house, but my thoughts and prayers go out to all those folks that live along the bayous in the areas we love to ride. It's not going to be good at all.
Like Billy told me earlier today, "this won't be a flood of epic proportions, it will be a flood of biblical proportions"
For Billy to say that scares the hell out of me.
We'll use this thread to keep everyone updated as to the outcome and a projected new date for our get together.
Below is a link to some pictures Billy took of the Bonnet Carre being opened up.
05-09-2011, 05:51 PM #2
It is a hard post to make, but it had to be made. Mother nature is calling the shots this time.
05-09-2011, 05:54 PM #3
05-09-2011, 05:56 PM #4
This really sucks!! Hope everyones ok and dosent lose any property!! Lets get a firm date set so everyone can get vacation time rearranged and hotel reservations rebooked!! 2nd week July would be fine with me
05-09-2011, 06:00 PM #5
I think it will be hard to set a firm date until after seeing the severity of the floods. Hopefully it's sooner then later.
05-09-2011, 06:04 PM #6
05-09-2011, 06:22 PM #7
Totally understand. You guys welfare and well being are more important than riding skis. I just hope it turns out better than what it looks like and we can all get together after.
05-09-2011, 06:37 PM #8
i had a feeling this would happen. best of luck to everyone affected all up and down the Mississippi. mudbug will be back and better than ever once this is behind us.
05-09-2011, 06:43 PM #9
- Join Date
- May 2007
This is Jimmy here in Staten Island. I just spoke to Al. If Mud Bug does'nt happen....come with us to Watts Bar/Tellico Lake/ Tennessee river. I have maps of the whole Tennessee river system and this lake is much larger than it looks. You can go for hundreds of miles in each direction from the house. It's a 220 mile round trip to Knoxville from the house we are renting ( a nice all day trip with good restaurants in Knoxville). The nearest town to the house is called Ten Mile, Tn. You can stay with us or there are marinas right near the house with good lodging. If you end up going to MUD Bug....we will catch up with you on the Hudson. Stay in touch and let us know. Be safe Vic, Jim
05-09-2011, 07:03 PM #10
Wow. We will all be watching to see how this plays out. You guys will be in our prayers.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Green Hulk in forum Mudbug Nationals PWC.Life RallyReplies: 13Last Post: 04-26-2011, 08:15 AM
By R5WaterXRacing in forum TexasReplies: 0Last Post: 09-14-2008, 01:11 PM
By Green Hulk in forum Mudbug Nationals PWC.Life RallyReplies: 376Last Post: 06-02-2008, 11:22 PM
By OsideBill in forum Yamaha Open DiscussionReplies: 42Last Post: 06-06-2007, 09:27 PM