Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

X charger or rebuild?

Well I just purchassed my o4' RXP with 54 hours this yesturday and want to rebuild the supercharger or go with a x charger. My issue is that if I go with the x charger it will be the only upgrade I can do along with the 42# injectors and prop for a little while. Is it worth the extra money to just do the swap now or rebuild and get other mods? How much faster will the x charger yield me? I have searched but haven't found just a x charger on a stock RXP results. Also I cannot post in the classifieds yet so if anyone knows of a x charger for sale pm me please thanks.

+1
    Why do you want to rebuild it? If it is in good shape, the slip is good, and it doesnt have the ceramic washers, then my opinion is continue to run. Then when you get some more money get a x-charger, 42's, and a prop.

Granted the charger is in good shape but has ceramics, buy the riva washers send it to Jerry for a washer swap, buy a grate and the fizzle intake for the time being.

I just bought an 05 RXP with just over 100 hours (supercharger not rebuilt and no steel washers). It had a few Riva mods already, so I went with the x-charger and 42lb injectors. You can save a little $$ and get the injectors off eBay. All in (as I have prop) the charger and injectors cost me $835. Rebuild with washers is what $4xx? Thought new unit just made sense. Will also sell the old supercharger on eBay. So seemed to make sense.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rmk82nd View Post
    Well I just purchassed my o4' RXP with 54 hours this yesturday and want to rebuild the supercharger or go with a x charger. My issue is that if I go with the x charger it will be the only upgrade I can do along with the 42# injectors and prop for a little while. Is it worth the extra money to just do the swap now or rebuild and get other mods? How much faster will the x charger yield me? I have searched but haven't found just a x charger on a stock RXP results. Also I cannot post in the classifieds yet so if anyone knows of a x charger for sale pm me please thanks.

Love when this question comes up, because my answer is always the same. Definatly upgrade to x charger and 42's. UPgrade the intake to a 4 inch which is in the how to section. You will definatly need a new impeller, i'm sure you can find a used one on here for half the price and get a used grate half also. It depends on what you do I'm sure if you set it up right 74 75.. maybe. It's the acceleration that puts the smile on your face.

The more I read these the happier I am about my choice. I was in the same boat you are in. I bought a used RXT with 112 hours on it. The motor was a brand new short block from the dealer, but my salesperson did not know why it blew. From reading here I asked about the supercharger. Did they rebuild it? Did the ceramic washers fail and cause the motor trouble? He didnt seem to know (of course I had already bought the ski not knowing about these issues). I decided at 112 hours I should probably take the charger out and have it rebuilt. I instead after looking at the money bought a used X charger from a guy I have dealt with before on the board. If it is 3 - 400 to rebuild I paid 550 or so for mine with viton seal upgrade and new washers with the slip set correctly etc. I bought the injectors from a guy on Ebay new 3 of them for 105 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02801...Q5fAccessories . I cant wait to try it out. Everyone on the site has been very helpful so I am sure you will have no issues. The only thing I am working on now is the correct prop. If I get it nailed down I will let you know what I used. From what I read I may have to pitch it a bit myself, but there are some great FAQ posts here describing exactly how to do it. Plus when I pulled mystock charger out it was rebuilt and had gold riva washers so I am hoping to get 200 - 250 for it on Ebay so all in all upgrade cost me 675 I can hopefully get back 225 which means I will have about 450 in it and compared to rebuild thats a pretty cheap upgrade.... I also read if you dont have the 4" air you can get away with the X charger and not the injectors right away so not sure what you already have for your ski, but it seems like a no brainer to find a good used X charger from somone on here reputable

+1
    I appreciate the feedback guys. As far as mods race24x it is completly stock right now got it sunday and with it having ceramic washers I figure to either rebuild it or upgrade if I can find one for a good deal. I can't post in classifieds yet so if anyone knows of an x charger please pm me thank you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by race24x View Post
    The more I read these the happier I am about my choice. I was in the same boat you are in. I bought a used RXT with 112 hours on it. The motor was a brand new short block from the dealer, but my salesperson did not know why it blew. From reading here I asked about the supercharger. Did they rebuild it? Did the ceramic washers fail and cause the motor trouble? He didnt seem to know (of course I had already bought the ski not knowing about these issues). I decided at 112 hours I should probably take the charger out and have it rebuilt. I instead after looking at the money bought a used X charger from a guy I have dealt with before on the board. If it is 3 - 400 to rebuild I paid 550 or so for mine with viton seal upgrade and new washers with the slip set correctly etc. I bought the injectors from a guy on Ebay new 3 of them for 105 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02801...Q5fAccessories . I cant wait to try it out. Everyone on the site has been very helpful so I am sure you will have no issues. The only thing I am working on now is the correct prop. If I get it nailed down I will let you know what I used. From what I read I may have to pitch it a bit myself, but there are some great FAQ posts here describing exactly how to do it. Plus when I pulled mystock charger out it was rebuilt and had gold riva washers so I am hoping to get 200 - 250 for it on Ebay so all in all upgrade cost me 675 I can hopefully get back 225 which means I will have about 450 in it and compared to rebuild thats a pretty cheap upgrade.... I also read if you dont have the 4" air you can get away with the X charger and not the injectors right away so not sure what you already have for your ski, but it seems like a no brainer to find a good used X charger from somone on here reputable
    Why would you not go with the intake It's another 100 bucks. If you are close to a kanaflex supplier the 7 foot you need is 28.00 plus local taxes. The 4 inch adapter is in the store for 40.00. Don't short yourself. Do the 4 inch intake. Kanaflex needed is 620 wd 4" ID. ALSO, when it comes to used x chargers. Never trust anyone regarding hours. Spend the 700 and get a new one. Say you spend 550 or so on a used one. Then you got 400 for rebuild. Math doesn't add up for me. Good luck. Does the ski have the update harness?

+1
    I don't really know if it needs the harness. I saw 7950 rpms when I took it out sunday and forgot to see if it got any higher was more in the excitment factor. I thought I only needed the harness if it didn't pass 7600rpm.

+1
    There is a chance it already has it installed.... You should be seeing 8100... Maybe a prop or slip issue...

+1
    I am not sure if those injectors work they appear to have a different nozzel if they do i will buy but am hesitant can't find a answer through searching with that model number. I am leaning towards the x charger 42lb injectors and a prop for now and in a month get a grate and other mods. Have to explain it to the wife tonight at the added cost from the rebuild kit wish me luck lol.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information