places near baton rouge

Im looking for a recreation area, i can launch my ski and bbq with my family and buddies , pull each other on a tube etc. A place maybe to swim as well i live close to amite , tickfaw etc. If anyone has any ideas id appriciate it thanks

PS i have a 96 sea doo gti , i was thinking about a speedzone 2 tube anyone tried one before ?

+1
    welcome to the hulk. I don't have a clue where to ride there. Just wanted to say HI. There are allot of people in your area and Mug a Bug is there too. Look up mug a bug on this forum and maybe you can hook up with some local riders.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by thornhill16 View Post
    Im looking for a recreation area, i can launch my ski and bbq with my family and buddies , pull each other on a tube etc. A place maybe to swim as well i live close to amite , tickfaw etc. If anyone has any ideas id appriciate it thanks

PS i have a 96 sea doo gti , i was thinking about a speedzone 2 tube anyone tried one before ?
    Thornhill, welcome to the 'hulk. For places near BR, you could always launch on the Tickfaw (near Tin Lizzy's) and go out to the L. Maurepas; there is plenty of room to roam and you can always take a break on the sandbar in between the T-faw and Blind River. Ditto goes for the south side of the lake by launching at either Hilltop or Canal Bank - only you'll want to get out of the Diversion as quick as possible...

Lets see, there is always False River just north west of BR, but I'm not a fan of that bowl... and I don't know how PWC friendly that place is.

You can try the Amite north or south of Port Vincent by launching at Fred's at the foot of the bridge.

Of course, there is always Belle River in Assumption Parish, which includes everything you'd want to see in that river and triple lake system. The quickest, easiest launch from BR would probably at the Spunky Monkey which is at the foot of the Belle R. bridge. But I can tell you, for the same reason the aforementioned Mudbug Rally has been cancelled, we are expecting a flood down there in the next few weeks...

Post up if you have any specific questions about any other launch or body of water in the area and I will try to help you.

For more info about some of the areas I've mentioned, check out my MB Map thread (tons of info here!): http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post1624239

Thread Information