Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Wink Considering trying out seadoo! 96 xp800!

So, there's one locally with a trailer for a great deal.. I'm gonna go have a look at it tommorrow as I'm off work. Just thought I'd throw it out and see what you guys think of the doo's. Supposedly, this thing is supposed to be pretty fast and light.. but did not find alot of info on it yet. I think I'm still gonna keep my sl780.. but not 100% certain yet. Still got parts on the way for the polaris!

Nah, I'll probably keep them both, I don't know..

Any of you guys have one of these?

+1
    I used to. They're bitchin' little rides. Light and nimble, and accelerate well too. Get with Javiert. He just got one after jumping off a Polaris. I think he's loving it if I'm not mistaken.

Ok, so they are quicker than the 780.... I think I'll like it too! Anybody here know anything about them, electrical/mechanical... I would still like to get my support from you guys in combination with the seadoo guys.. just wondering if anyone in this forum knows about them...

Jared

Jared,

I also own a 1997 Sea Doo spx 780 and I love it. It's alot lighter than my polaris and it has one less cylinder. It's probably 10 m.p.h. faster than the Polaris. They are very nimble, however the down fall is that they are alot more tippy than the Polaris. Also the Sea-Doo does very well at top speed but it doesn't have alot of low end tourque. We use the Polaris to pull tubes and waterskiers. I still highly recomend the Sea Doo.

Todd

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jcc011185 View Post
    Ok, so they are quicker than the 780.... I think I'll like it too! Anybody here know anything about them, electrical/mechanical... I would still like to get my support from you guys in combination with the seadoo guys.. just wondering if anyone in this forum knows about them...

Jared
    hey jared,
    i was actually looking at one earlier this year over in your area for around 1600 and the guy would drive all the way to wisconsin to deliver it for a deal...i turned it down cuz i couldn't test drive it(since im so far away lol) and there was a few things wrongas far as i know the huge difference between the seadoos and polaris's are the intakes..seadoo's use a use a rotary valve...no reeds....one problem that i was told when looking at seadoos was to check and make sure the vts(variable trim system)components are in tip top condition...i owned a '90 sp(with a 580 motor in it) and that thing was pretty quick (around 43mph on a 580cc)...i couldn't see a problem with getting faster readings than your sl...seadoos are considerably lighter, lot's of aftermarket parts out there...if the price is right it would be worth it

I'll probably end up keeping both of them.. Depends on how broke I go after getting this LOL! The seller is 15 miles away from me and lives on the lake! Can't beat that! And the ski looks immaculate. There are several people on greenhulk that say there xp's go 60 easily and with limtied mods.. the ski already has flame arrestors!

+1
    not to get off topic but jared, i never got to ask, i see your location say syou're north of charlotte...are ya near iron station/hickory nc?

No near hickory.. I'm in kannapolis between concord and salisbury NC.. north of charlotte. I can get the ski with trailer for $1200. I seen this ski with trailer go for way over $2 grand... I really can't afford it but I just cannot pass up a great deal.. Depending on how far in the hole I am after getting it, I may have to sell my 780.. heck I've got about half the cost of the sl780 in these upgrade parts! The sea doo already has a 6 vein stator! And I have at least a $150 one sitting on my counter! Also have an R&D intake grate, an ocean pro ride plate, an extended drive shaft a nujet 4.7 impeller, pro 785 programable CDI, and I will have the PSI drypipe as well as a 93 drypipe! I think I'll be ok, but if I must sell one or at least convert the polaris back to stock and make a few hundred on these aftermarket parts... I don't really know, the sea doo looks great and the seller says it's very fast and very close to doing 60 already.. the polaris isn't even close.... decisions decisions.. I love the polaris, but the sea doo is a DEAL... what to do what to doo ( ) LOL

If you see a bunch of hard to find aftermarket parts for sale from me soon, you'll know what I had to do! lol...

wow man...you're crazy. You've put so much time, effort, and money into this polaris project and now you're considering dropping it for a different ski? How far away are you really from getting your 780 finished? You got the psi pipe. Now you can get your carbs jetted. You gotta get the new bearings in the new stator you just got. What else needs to get done?

That's it, but even with that the polaris will still under perform the sea doo. And I don't even know if the psi pipe is going to work.. might just be like a longer drypipe. I will probably keep them both, but I am unsure...

Jared

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information