Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Which prop??????? FZS

I recently added the Solas 13/22R prop and I get a little bit of cavitation out of the hole. I have an intake grate, solas prop, riva power filter kit and manifold upgrade. I never had any cavitation prior to adding the prop and manifold ugprade. My RPMs are around 7600-7700 at WOT. I saw some posts that Improv has Skat props that can be pitched to whatever you want. I more or less have a stage 1 setup WITHOUT a free flow exhaust (don't like the drone). What prop would you guys suggest and what pitch. I have no intentions of being faster than mid 70's at most. Also, when I took my ski to the dealership, they jacked up my old prop, so I don't have the option of repitching the stock one. I just don't want to get beat by the Ultra 300x's and Seadoo's at my lake. Thanks in advance.

Chuck

+1
    You have the right prop for your setup, don't fret. IMO it sounds like it needs a little more on the leading edge. I believe mjh3ides (or maybe it was coco) has good result by opening up the leading edge of the solar 13/22. Impros will pitch a prop to your liking when you order. I personally run a skat 13/23 (pitching to 13/21 this week) and it has no cavitation and pretty good top end.

Awesome. Thanks for the info.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckbatts View Post
    I recently added the Solas 13/22R prop and I get a little bit of cavitation out of the hole. I have an intake grate, solas prop, riva power filter kit and manifold upgrade. I never had any cavitation prior to adding the prop and manifold ugprade. My RPMs are around 7600-7700 at WOT. I saw some posts that Improv has Skat props that can be pitched to whatever you want. I more or less have a stage 1 setup WITHOUT a free flow exhaust (don't like the drone). What prop would you guys suggest and what pitch. I have no intentions of being faster than mid 70's at most. Also, when I took my ski to the dealership, they jacked up my old prop, so I don't have the option of repitching the stock one. I just don't want to get beat by the Ultra 300x's and Seadoo's at my lake. Thanks in advance.
    Chuck have you tried the VX ride plate...

Chuck

Chuck i see that u have the intake grate but i dont see u mention the pump seal kit if u dont have it that is a must have maybe thats the cavitation ur having i have the same setup as u just that i have pump seal kit and free flow exhaust and i have no cavitation what so ever and i still havent installed my 13/22 solas, all u r missing is remove ur ride plate spacers do ur free flow exhaust and empty out the water box so u wont have the drone,pump seal kit and ull b atleast a good 71.0 since u have the prop

Sorry, I do have the pump seal kit as well...forgot to mention that. Yoyamma, I hope to try out the ride plate this weekend and I will post results. I also bought an anti-cavitation cone to try out. Thanks for all the input.

IamUr daddy, so are you saying that with the free-flow and gutted waterbox, the drone is gone?

Thanks!

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Dont forget to seal the transom plate, it has large voids that can be contributing to your cavitation as well. heres a shot of the transom and shoe both filled with casting resin. This worked really well for me and its pretty easy to do.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0543.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	238719

+1
    Yoyamma, I hope to try out the ride plate this weekend and I will post results. I also bought an anti-cavitation cone to try out. Thanks for all the input.
    Good deal; now get your azz out there, pound those Ultras and REPRESENT!

yea it will b a lot quieter im sure ull enjoy it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by IamUr Daddy View Post
    yea it will b a lot quieter im sure ull enjoy it
    Your saying the FF and gutted water box eliminates some of the drone?? That just doesn't make logical sense. The drone is primary caused by the exhaust exiting in the pump tunnel which causes vibrations which causes the drone. If anything, I would think the gutted water box would just amplify the drone.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information