Power valves not working

Some of you guys have been helping me troubleshoot a problem I have been having with my modified ski being slower than my stock ski and have given me some things to look at, but just a few minutes ago I was outside tinkering with the ski and I noticed that when I shut it down i didnt hear the PV's cycle. I just rode the ski on Saturday with no problems other than still getting beat by the stock ski, but on the last run of the day I noticed the ski was struggling to get into the 6900's RPM. Now today while messing with it I noticed the PV's aren't cycling. I thought that maybe they weren't opening fully and may have been the reason for it being slower than the other ski because when I compare the 2 skis it looks as though the stock ski PV's move twice as much as this ski, but didn't think much of it since they were working and I could hear the PV motor working. Now its not working at all. Any ideas what to look for?

could be the servo. I got one if you need it. PM me if you want. PV might be gummed up and sticky too.

The servo is the same thing as the motor correct? Located at the front of the seat where the PV cables connect and is covered by a rubber boot? I tried turning the wheel by hand and did notice that it was considerably harder to turn than the motor on the other ski. I assume we are talking about the same thing.

yup the motor and servo are the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by beanutputter View Post
    could be the servo. I got one if you need it. PM me if you want. PV might be gummed up and sticky too.

So if the PV is gummed up or sticky it can prevent the motor from working? I tried it a again and the motor did turn a fraction of an inch, not much at all but it did show some sign of life. If the PV's guumed and prevent the motor from turning I should be able to disconnect the cables and the motor should turn freely correct?

+1
    The bell crank at the cylinder should turn free(Slight resistance) with the the lanyard disconnected.

I can turn it at the bell crank but its hard to turn, then again so is the one on the other ski. I disconnected the cables from the wheel down by the cylinder and started the ski and shut it off and nothing. No cycle of the PV's at all.

+1
    Are the valves lifting? Do you have the waveater clips installed? Sounds like you have a bad servo. open the valves and take it for a rip your low end will suffer buy your top end should wake up.

Yes I do have wave eater clips installed, in fact they were just installed about 2 weeks ago. When I took the cables off the wheel at the cylinder I took the PV cover off as well and I did see the valve open and close as I turned the wheel. I will take it for a ride with the valves manually open to see what happens. I'm now wondering if maybe all this time they haven't been opening fully and thus the ski is not reaching full rpm. That could explain why my stock ski is faster than this one.

+1
    There is also a timing hole in the bell crank to see if the cables are aligned and timed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GP1200R.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	238496   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GP1200R_0001.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	238497   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GP1200R_0000.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	238498  

Thread Information