Thread: Hyspeedcoat ?

+1

Hyspeedcoat ?

Anyone try this? We should ask Donzi if it works well.

http://www.hyspeedkote.com

There seems to be a lot of different products out there. It would be cool to weed the good stuff from the snake oil.
    Last edited by spud; 11-26-2006 at 11:26 PM.

Isn't that what Clark Griswold used on his snow saucer in Christmas Vacation?

A friend of mine put some on his jet sprint boat, all I know it was a speedcoat... don't know what brand. It did make improvement. may get around 1/2 a second faster but because each track you race on is slightly different lengths so the times are never the same from track to track you could only go from last time you raced at that track. He coated everything, hull, inside his pump etc. Trouble was that if you have ever seen jet sprints sometimes you cut to close to the islands and run up over them and would scrap off so he couldn't be bothered reapplying it.
    I think it's worth a go as you have nothing to lose do you?
    Here's another one - http://www.seaslide.com/page.help

yeah, but Clark didn't develope it. He was too busy working on the Crunch enhancer. The clear varnish which is semi permiable compound that coats each individual cereal flake separately maintaining the crunch in your milk soaked cereal!.......:0)

+1

speedcoat

i found some that was marked down from 99 dollars a bottle to 20. i tried it on my boat and did not notice a difference. all the power boat races allow it on the boats because they say it does not make the boats any faster thus not allowing someone a unfair advantage.

+1
    At this point I'm in agreement with Graham. Gains if any are minimal. I did order some of this coating to test. It would be impossible to perform back to back tests since it needs to be applied to a dry hull. I'll only be able to comment on averages.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SXIPRO View Post
    Isn't that what Clark Griswold used on his snow saucer in Christmas Vacation?
    your avatar pic is awesome! very cool

+1

Cool

will reduce carving into turn,other than that may pickup speed

later cd

+1
    I think some other have tried simular products the problem is that it comes off due to friction

Thread Information