Newbie with oil question

First off I need to make sure I'm in the correct forum - I just bought a 1996 Seadoo GTX and I think I'm in the right place? If I am in the right forum here's my question - I need to know for sure what oil(s) I can use in this ski? I know I need a LOW ASH oil but I having a hard time making sure I find the correct oil. I don't want ashless and I'm assuming that if they don't say ashless on the bottle then they're low ash? I even called the local powersports shop and they told me I needed a specific oil from Bombardier???? I have been able to find a PWC oil from Quicksilver formulated to be used in engines specifying API-TC oils. Is this a good choice? Another local shop said that they carry the Seadoo brand oils but didn't know about ashless and low ash???? should I use the Seadoon brand oil? AM I CORRECT IN THAT I DO NOT WANT OILS MADE FOR TC-W3 USE?
    thanks in advance for all the help.

I use AMSOIL intercepter. It keeps my engine clean.

You can use any oil that states that it is API-TC certified. NOT TC_W3 (outboard) oils. You will get a lot of opinions on what's the best oil to use here, but, probably the most popular are BRP XPS II, Quicksilver (API), and Amsoil Interceptor or Dominator. All of these oil will be fine in your ski. It is not good to mix these oils. Select 1 and stay with it.
    robert V

My best advice on this is use an oil that others are using and are having success with. Also pick one that is readily available to you. Nothing like needing oil and can't find it or have to wait because you had to order it from somewhere. Price is always an issue too but IMO I'd gladly pay a couple more bucks a gallon to get it now than later. Don't mix brands once you pick stay with or if you decide to change drain the tank and start fresh. I use the Interceptor because of price and availability. It also comes recommended by many others.

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunnerRon View Post
    My best advice on this is use an oil that others are using and are having success with. Also pick one that is readily available to you. Nothing like needing oil and can't find it or have to wait because you had to order it from somewhere. Price is always an issue too but IMO I'd gladly pay a couple more bucks a gallon to get it now than later. Don't mix brands once you pick stay with or if you decide to change drain the tank and start fresh. I use the Interceptor because of price and availability. It also comes recommended by many others.

thanks again for all the information guys. Amsoil (Interceptor) is locally available and I've read good things about it here on the site so I'll pick some up this weekend.

I usually get two gallons and you usually get about three tanks of gas per tank of oil.

Thread Information