+1

question for the Amsoil junkies out there .......

dominator or interceptor for my 951 and 787 two strokes ????????? amsoil says the dominator is excellent for racing, but not long term, the local sea doo dealer sold me dominator and i have broken in my 951 on it, buti think i should change over to interceptor, whats y'alls opinion ?????? i think i should be using the inerceptor

Both are good oils but Me personally go with Interceptor. I go buy what AMSOIL Says I do a lot of low throttle cruising and have had no problems. The last time I cleaned my Rave's I just wiped them and put em back in. No carbon to speak of.

+1
    thanks

+1
    Are you premix or injected?
    I run premix & have been using dominator for 4 yrs with no issue it's red so it's easy to tell when you're mixed. LOL.. I think interceptor is for oil injection and is light colored.

+1
    Is your ski stock or modified?

Why does AMSOIL DOMINATOR™ Synthetic 2-Cycle Racing Oil (TDR) Say* Not suitable for long-term use in outboard motors as a TC-W3 type oil, although excellent as a race oil for short-term use where motors are periodically inspected?
    In order to obtain the highest level of protection, the AMSOIL Dominator Racing oil contains what is referred to as ash-type chemistry. Though this type of chemistry provides the additional safety margin required in racing it also tends to allow for additional deposit formation within the combustion chamber. The rate of formation is slow but over the course of many seasons of operation, it could present a problem in certain PWC applications. In competition, engines are inspected or rebuilt frequently. That being the case, ash-type chemistry and hence deposit formation is never really a concern. In an application in which the equipment may run for years without inspection or cleaning, the possibility of a concern does exist. Hence, the reason for our warning statement you noted. If you have performed some serious engine modifications, the AMSOIL Dominator would be the preferred product. You would just have to remember to inspect it for combustion chamber deposits every few years.

AMSOIL Synthetic INTERCEPTOR 2-Cycle Oil
    https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/ait.aspx?zo=367509

AMSOIL Synthetic Dominator Racing 2-stroke Oil
    https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/tdr.aspx?zo=367509

I would just use the seadoo synthetic. Thats what was made for the 951 and 787 motors. I have a 2001 RX with 199 hrs on it and it still the original motor. I had a buddy that used one of the other makers of oil and he has rebuilt his motor 3 times so far. but hes switched. I know its more money but saving money on oil now will cost you $2000 + in the long run. I would say that 85% of the 787 carbs, RFI and 951 carbs and DI that I rebuild have some sort of cheep oil in it. I have jugs apon jugs of different oil. thats my 2 cents

+1
    I switched all my skis from Seadoo synthetic to Amsoil Interceptor and have not had any issues.

I would have stuck with Seadoo oil but after taxes it was $90.00 cdn a gallon.

Thread Information