Thread: Install X charger or not?
05-11-2011, 06:54 PM #1
Install X charger or not?
Well I am buying the X charger and got some 42lb Bosch injectors. For now this is all the wife is allowing me to spend. So will I be safe putting just those in or should I wait for a new prop? With it being completly stock now will I be hitting the redline alot? Any advice is appreciated I do not want to damgage the ski.
05-11-2011, 07:19 PM #2
It will be hard on the limiter. Don't ride it that way. You could always throw some pitch at your stock prop.
05-11-2011, 07:47 PM #3
Just put the charger and injectors in the closet and wait until you can find a 15/20 used or buy one new. You will still need to tweak it just a little bit.
05-11-2011, 08:50 PM #4
05-11-2011, 08:54 PM #5
Run the x charger and 42s ......and throw some pitch at your stock prop....
Prolly will Need 2-3mm added to the trailing edge...
Also run your stock air intake to keep the rpms down...
05-11-2011, 08:59 PM #6
SO I should be fine without the prop? How hard is it to pull the prop out to add pitch if I am not the most mechanical person? Also should I purchase a viton seal?
05-11-2011, 10:05 PM #7
Buy the 15/20. Better performance. Why short yourself with the stock prop for an x-charger and 42's. That's the dumbest thing I have heard. I realize you have no prop other than the stocker. Yes, get a Viton seal and have Jerry put it in. Get the 15/20. You will be glad you did. Just wait a few weeks and get you a prop so you can DO IT RIGHT!.... Don't half ass it. Just be patient and you will really be glad you did.
05-11-2011, 10:24 PM #8
Once the prop is in should I be ok for now? Should I do a 2 degree wedge? I will be getting a intake grate, block offs, and exhuast in next couple months and durring offseason look to upgrade to xx upgrade and riva ecu.
05-11-2011, 10:33 PM #9
Yeah you should be good. A wedge and extension can only help. It should give you an increase of 1-2 mph as it gets the bow out of the water a bit more. I have the R&D 2.5 degree wedge and really like it better than the Riva 2 degree. When you go with the xx go with the 50's and the Riva Ecu. Your prop will also need some pitch added; 1-2 mm depending on rpm's. Maybe more. I would also think about an external inter-cooler and maybe a RRPFR... An LC1 also wouldn't hurt.
05-11-2011, 11:50 PM #10
im going the same route as i just did some damage to mine, doing xcharger, 42's and a prop as my jetski mechanic said i would need to do. also plan on doing the wedge, and hopefully exhuast later on. hope to see some decent mph out of it.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Bama in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 18Last Post: 06-07-2011, 04:07 PM
By skigolfnut in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 15Last Post: 06-06-2011, 12:49 PM
By race24x in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 21Last Post: 05-30-2011, 09:43 AM
By race24x in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 20Last Post: 05-08-2011, 09:27 PM
By got wake? in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 7Last Post: 09-15-2010, 09:07 AM