Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    +1

Mudbug detour to florida

Considering the flooding in morgan city area and the fact that alot of people have already taken the time off from work and cant change those dates A few of us including Jerry thought it would be a good idea to put an alternate plan together. I've been hesitant to post this because I dont want to seem insensitive to the problems in the MB area but those who'm I have talked to agree that this is a good idea. So if you had plans to go to mudbug and vacation scheduled that you cant change we will be putting together a few good twistie river rides along with a good saltwater ride. For those of you that have seen the vids or have had a chance to ride down here you know how great the riding is.
    We are still ironing out the ride plans and hotel info and will post up asap. Some of this will depend on how many are coming so if you are interested please post up or shoot me a pm. Let us know when you would be showing up. Look forward to seeing those of you who make it.
    This gathering will likely be based out of the sarasota/charlotte county area. Some rides will be local and some are about 1hr 45min away. Again, we are still working on the logistics and will post up the info as we get it figured. Hope to see you there.
    Again knowing how many to expect and when they will be arriving will help alot with planning.
    Thanks, Jim

Update!!!OK guys, got some info and a smokin deal on a waterfront hotel within walking distance of some nightlife so we dont get any dui's. Hotel is nothing special but I would expect it to be comparable to MCHI .
    PM me for info and call to make reservations. Tell them you are with the greenhulk group.
    rooms are $60+tax/night for waterfront rooms.

Depending on when you show up you only want to book this hotel thru thurs night as we will be moving north for friday night and sat. Our tampa area guys will let us know the deal with the hotel there soon.

RIDE SCHEDULE!!
    Tues june 7th- peace river
    Wed june 8th- Englewood to cayocosta (salt)
    thurs june 9th- peace river / thurs night party at harpoon harry's
    friday june 10th- kissimmee river
    friday night move to tampa hotel for sat ride
    sat june 11th- dunedin

If any of you are on the fence about this because of the drive . Just do it. It will be worth the trip.

BRING GAS CANS AND COOLERS!!!!!

Update from bigdaddy regarding fri/sat night tampa hotel!!!!!!!
    As Jim posted earlier.... the Tampa location will only be on Friday night, unless people want to stay in the area after Saturdays ride.

I have a general location in mind for Friday night in the Tampa area for Saturdays Dunedin ride, with many hotels to choose from. However.... the biggest obstacle is finding the right hotel, at the right price to accommodate what people want to spend... and also one that can accommodate our parking needs. What are our parking needs... that's the question here

For those of you planning to make the trip to Tampa for Saturdays ride, and need a room for the night... please PM bigdaddy conformation. Also... if your bringing friends (who are pulling trailers) that don't post up on here, please let me know how many vehicles will be in your group total. With this information... I should be able to lock something down by the end of this week.
    Last edited by speedskixp; 05-24-2011 at 10:43 AM.

+1
    You defiantly count me and nick in just show us to a hotel and we will be there on Monday June 6 around 3 pm.

+1
    Ya!! Where in!!
    Quote Originally Posted by calendine2369 View Post
    You defiantly count me and nick in just show us to a hotel and we will be there on Monday June 6 around 3 pm.

+1
    I would love to come ride, but its just to far. We were just taking off for Thursday to Sunday. I am going to come ride there someday. We may try and get something going here in Texas for that weekend.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by calendine2369 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLD06RXP View Post
    Ya!! Where in!!
    You guys be safe ( was really looking forward to see that turbo ski ), have fun, take lots of pics and let us know how bad ass the twisty rides are.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    You guys be safe ( was really looking forward to see that turbo ski ), have fun, take lots of pics and let us know how bad ass the twisty rides are.
    We will. Sucks that you can't make it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    I would love to come ride, but its just to far. We were just taking off for Thursday to Sunday. I am going to come ride there someday. We may try and get something going here in Texas for that weekend.
    Troy I am in the same situation as you. I would love to go in fact I had intentions of being there from the 20th to the 30th of this month but not working out for me.
    Keep your neighbors over here posted on if y'all get something together that weekend. They are talking about completely shutting down ALL marine traffic if the water gets as high as expected so we will be itching to ride.

Sorry Jim not trying to hijack your thread. I so wish the stars had lined up and I could have come play out there again. I will definately get there as soon as possible.

Wow, great idea Jim and Jerry... Of course im in.... Peace river is awesome.

+1
    cool idea!!

+1
    i will def keep a watch on this thread... i was planning on being in panama city beach the 12th thru the 14th n e way so i would be that much closer

Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information