Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Engine Fogging

Engine Fogging

A dealer has been been trying to sell their engine fogging kit and advised I should be fogging after every ride. The dealer I bought my TX from told me from day one that the 2010 models dont require fogging so I didnt get the fogging kit when new.

Is this a recommended procedure or not really necessary?

Im at 62 hours of mainly saltwater use. Is it likely to have any damage that could have been prevented?

+1
    You ride in salt water. I for sure would fog it after every ride. I would also make sure you spray down the engine so parts do not rust inside the engine compartment. Your drive shaft will rust also if you do not spray it down.

+1
    Fog it fog it fog it. Get the fogging oil and let it run in until it dies.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    i have an 04 rxp and i made my own custom individual cylinder fogger,looks great and proud of it...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sea-one View Post
    i have an 04 rxp and i made my own custom individual cylinder fogger,looks great and proud of it...
    Not really necessary. It will evenly distribute fogging oil input port on the TB

les cooke makes a good fogging kit that has 1 hose branched to 3 hoses that go to air intake manifold, i fog after every ride after blown engine from valve failure from corrosion was 05 valves have new updated valves now but still fog religiously, i use 2 stroke oil, after flushing ski with salt away,disconnect hose then let the fogging tube suck up a cap full after each ride then kill it. great for when the ski sits for weeks and a must 4 salt water use

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sea-one View Post
    Do you have any pics of it. I made one up as well. I got a quote for like 80 dollars for the les cooke one. I made one for about 5 bucks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    Not really necessary. It will evenly distribute fogging oil input port on the TB
    I thought that port was only for lubing the throttle body? Mine doesnt seem to want to take the fogging oil when it is runing. Kinda just pushes back out.

I am glad I found this thread. I ride on fresh water only occasionally in salt water and I ride all the way up a fresh water river to load it on the trailer, so it is pretyt well flushed. I was only fogging it for winter. Should I be fogging this after each ride. I just dont want any issues in the future. I have a 1 year old Seadoo short block, but I dont know if that includes a head. On a chevy a shortblock usually does not include the heads.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    I basically copied that one,MS, it really doesnt work on my rxp SC intake because of the IC and the way the manifold is made,it would take a 1/2 can of lube before you see any result imo,plus your oiling up the IC too.i can take a pic of mine and i think i even have enough material to make another one....imo again,...water /moisture stays in the waterbox so i always fog it up breify to coat the valves.i wanna ride not work on it,lol

hey race24x,you still have that gsx? i loved mine back then and still doo

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information