+1

Need advice for a Wave Blaster I and a stock 62T engine and a Factory B pipe.

My nephew got a 62T engine (38 dual carbs) and all of the electronics to instal into his Blaster I hull. He also purchased a Factory B pipe for same.

He can go in a lot of directions with this one by just putting in the engine as is, or I would think that a bump in compression, and/or a mild port along with 150 psig would be the ticket. He could also just keep it stock.

The problem is the jetting specs. There have got to be a few who have already done the research on this, and I want to see some opinions, especially if you have developed a package with this engine that works. Keep in mind the pipe.

I'm looking for:

Builder (if used)
    Jetting specs
    ported
    compression

Thanks in advance.

p/m MPEAVLER (might not haunt here regularly anymore)..he's built a few of these and may be able to give you some tips..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by salty View Post
    My nephew got a 62T engine (38 dual carbs) and all of the electronics to instal into his Blaster I hull. He also purchased a Factory B pipe for same.

He can go in a lot of directions with this one by just putting in the engine as is, or I would think that a bump in compression, and/or a mild port along with 150 psig would be the ticket. He could also just keep it stock.

The problem is the jetting specs. There have got to be a few who have already done the research on this, and I want to see some opinions, especially if you have developed a package with this engine that works. Keep in mind the pipe.

I'm looking for:

Builder (if used)
    Jetting specs
    ported
    compression

Thanks in advance.

1. There are good points and bad points about the 62T depending on what type of riding he wants to do. If your planning on a CC ski then a 62T will work great. If your looking for Free style most folks use the 62T cases but the 61X cylinder. Both work great and regardless of which you choose...make sure that your jump up compression to at least 165PSI ...and 170-175PSI is preferred and can run 93 all day long. As far as porting...TJ is the man if your looking for a considerable amount of more power. He charages about 400 bucks to port a twin. The stock 38's are chokers but save a ton of gas over 44's If you elect to retain the 38's ....have them taper bored by GroupK and or TJ to remove the inner throat garbage in them.

2. I would recommend non ported....run a stock prop for basic....a "Hooker" prop by Dave @ impros and or a 13/17 Solas Concord for great bottom end.

3. Jetting....38's...or you going to run 44s?

4. Dual cooling is a must...go ahead and do that for your MOD or Limited pipe.

5. MSD enhancer is also a must have =0)

Thread Information